Sunrader tail lights and flashers

Bonanza35

I am the proud new owner of a 1980 Sunrader. The current challenge is - none of the flashers work. Have replaced the flasher unit, bulbs.nothing, I find the tail light assemblies have corrosion, and have attempted to clean them. However, would rather replace them if I could figure out what the heck they are.

I find many referring to Reflect o light/Bargman. However, mine are KOITO -- Japanese. So I have checked on Toyota and Datsun pickup tail lights, but no match.

I will admit, I am a stepchild of this group, since my Sunrader is one of the relatively rare Datsun based units.

Any assistance in identifying what Gardner Pacific scavenged to put on this will be greatly appreciated. And/or a possible substitute replacement. It is a single lense, 3 bulb unit.

Thanks

One of the members here has the same rig as yours. She was having trouble identifing the tail light too but discovered they are the original truck tail lights with a different frame mount. Hopefully Karin will see your post and chime in. She has pictures and I'm pretty sure she had to fix hers too.

Linda S

Your profile says central California. Here is a list of Toyota only wrecking yards in Ca. I strongly recommend the ones in Rancho Cordova near Sacramento if that's not too far from you. Just start calling and see if you can find someone with the correct taillights

http://www.ttora.com...ad.php?t=130468

Linda

Weird that they used the Toyota taillights on the Datsun campers.

YOU SAY YOU REPLACED THE FLASHER UNIT .THE FACTORY TRUCK AT LEAST THE 1978 79 used two different flasher units one for the turn signals and a more heavy duty one for the 4 way flasher. does yours have the four way flasher knob on the dash. if it does that sometimes corods from lack of use. also a problem in the turn signal controls on the stering wheel. can be the cause.

i would have used the toyota tail lights . on the DATSUN trucks the tail lights were Horzontal mount over the bumbper they were small and not near as good as the toyota lights. and down on the bottom of the back end were very subject to water and corosion damage and being broken. i have owend datsuns also. the toyota tail lights way way better way biger .