Farmers Insurance Co.

Vanman

I am buying the Dolphin from Mary and I've had Farmers for many years with no problems, but no claims either. I went to the office and they wanted 4 picts showing front and a side, back and a side, and 2 inside front and back. Took to the office and they have to get an approval from above, because of the value I told them I wanted, 15K $. Any comments on Farmers pro , con otherwise ?????

TIA

vanman

I disagree ; a careful company and one like farm bureau, state farm or anything with a Farm in it are rascals at best and rap scallions at worst being careful not to take into account your hard work, flooring cost, flat panel TV, inverter, new upholstery, or anything else of value..because it wasn't in it at Point Of Sale.

Form Fit and Function I always say... if you are looking to cover more than blue book you must make a rider on what you want covered above blue book and document it (via photos, receipts, etc); only then are they on the hook and you are satisfied.

Make sure you can turn the insurance on and off. We do that with Allstate, when we want to use the MH, a call to our broker, and we are ON, we call again when we park for more than month and turn it OFF.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I have grange the agent came and took picts comnly required by companys. insuring our DOLPHIN for 8000 was no problem at all . IN winter i just keep fire vandlesm and theft ins on it. I had to tell them we keep it at a frends shop cant keep at our house still no problem.

My coverage with American Family Insurance is always on. I only have liabilty and comp. I get year long coverage with an insured value of $6500 for about $200 a year. If the storage building calapses, it is covered.

I told them I wanted it valued at 15K cause of the condition and, if I can find another model 400 with all the trimmings that's probably what it would cost to buy/repair/upgrade to it's current level. We're getting close to that already and nowhere near finished. I do think I will keep the Onan it just doesn't run ok on a hill but level it's OK, not too noisy and I like just pushing the button to fire it up.

Vanman