Sun-Land Express vs. all the others

Daveredguitar

So, I've been watching eBay a few years, bought and sold a 1960 Scotty pull behind and started getting interested in these little Toyotas. I made an offer on an '87 Sunland Express and will fly up to check it out early next month. I've done some web research and think I'm getting an okay deal. 40K miles, rear 6-lug floating axle, no reported signs of leaking. Don't know if links will post since I'm brand new but will try: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-Toyota-Sun-Land-Express-Motorhome-RV-/190720467815?forcev4exp=true

As I read the forum everyone seems to be on about the Sunrader but there doesn't seem to be alot posted about the Sunland Express. Are they good, reliable little RV's?

I take it you are getting it cheaper than the last bid. Sounds like it needs some work but nothing serious. Waste tanks are pretty hard to replace but they can be repaired. Other stuff sounds minor. Like he describes aluminum frame is much better than wood for obvious reasons. Sounds like a great starter.

Linda S

Yes he is a member of the yahoo toyota-camper group. I remember him. You should join too. great resourse

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-campers/

Linda S

1. Hey, I've seen worse for allot more money. The unit looks great and seems like a good value even if it needs a bit here and there, too bad it's not available for someone looking for a neat little offer..

Thanks everybody! I appreciate the help! Linda S, yeah I found a couple posts from him as I've been wandering around this site. Interestingly it seems he got it WAY less expensively than he's asking when he bought it a couple years ago. But I suppose the real question is what it is worth to me and I feel okay with the deal so far if it looks okay when I get up there. Totem, first thing I'll fix is the cruise and the hack job column. Hahaha!

Glad I asked y'all. Thanks again!!

Very good writeup and photos. I didn't see any BS in the ad. The thing on the steering column looks like a cruise control lever.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto