Black water tank chemical?

Ok so I've been using bio-packs because that's what my family has always used but I hate the smell and was wondering what other people use and what works well. I went to try the vornado but my vent is under the ladder of my dolphin and I can't install one. So any suggestions on what works best to break down the stuff and prevent odors, I'm looking for something good since my dolphin has only 1 universal tank which does black and gray water.

Check out this link. I was able to mount one of the vornatoo weather vane vent things on mine and it solved the problem. If I remember, I had to cut a little off the fin to keep it from hitting the ladder.

Black Tank vent

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Ok so I've been using bio-packs because that's what my family has always used but I hate the smell and was wondering what other people use and what works well. I went to try the vornado but my vent is under the ladder of my dolphin and I can't install one. So any suggestions on what works best to break down the stuff and prevent odors, I'm looking for something good since my dolphin has only 1 universal tank which does black and gray water.

A vent like those will keep the smell down while driving but not much help when your stopped. I have use the same tank chemical for years and it's available at most Ace hardware stores. It's called Unique drain cleaner. it a biological cleaner and keeps the gunk off of the inside of your tank too. They have since started selling an RV tank version too but I think it's the same stuff. No excessive perfumy smell but no nasty smells either.

http://www.uniquedistributing.com/index.php?cPath=54

Linda S

We don't put anything but liquids in our black water tank. We used little gel packs for the last two years for odour control. (U.S. spelling odor) This year bought Thetford Campa Chem in foil packs. Not using it because the directions say it's for 152L holding tanks and ours is only 14 gal. and as it also says it's corrosive, think it might actually destroy our tank. So, back it goes to the store. (Walmart). Since, as I said, we only put liquids in our tank, maybe we don't need anything anyway.