My neighbor came down and said he heard a horrible screeching sound when I backed out of my driveway and into the street. Then he schooled me on Toyota pickup steering aka turn stops. Wow, what an eye opener! While under there I put some zerks on the ball joints and lubed them also. So I made a quick video. Also have one of our progress so far. Kim

Once upon a time the stops had plastic caps and did not crunch but they only lasted about a year from brand new. It's all ways a good ideal to dab a little grease on them when you lube the ball joints it does not hurt any thing when they crunch but it sure sounds like it.

I have not even greased the MH yet. I had a shop change the oil when I first bought it because I was not at home and wanted to get it done. I just looked under it and it does not have zerks on it. I now have another short project to do on Tuesday.

I did this mini-project yesterday afternoon. I was a whopping $4 for an assortment of 6 x 1 zerks and I was done in about 15 minutes including putting the garage jack away. I greased the stops and it doesn't sound like I am tearing the front end apart when I turn the wheel all the way to the stop.

I forgot that when I had my '83 SR5 pickup, I had added jerks to it also at the suggestion of a mechanic.

• 2 weeks later...