Black & Grey water drain & connections?

Just getting to hooking up drain pieces to tanks in Shasta which both have 3 inch male openings. Originally PO had it so you could not open black drain valve, the release handle was against tank. Currently there are 90 degree pvc elbows inserted in both tanks and then each has its own release valve.Both drains are about a foot directly across from each other. I would like to connect both grey and black drains After the valve releases so i dont have to move slinky from one port to the other. Does this make sense? There isnt much room for connections. . I unbolted the release valve from elbow and turned and reattached but now it sits low. Not much clearance but now i can open it. How is yours hooked up?

I have one dump hose connection for both black and gray, no need to move the hose. I Open the black first, drain it and empty the hose, then open the gray.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

SINCE I GOT MY DOLPHIN I LIKE THAT SET UP ONLY WAY TO GO wonder if yours was orginaly that way on the shasta cant figure why it would not be.

• 2 months later...

i have a water question: there are two male water connections on the driver exterior side. what are they and what are they for. i filled them up with water. Water is not leaking out under the mh after it is filled to capacity. Water came out of the kitchen and bathrm sink (w facet) and the toilet flushed. So i figured 1 is the water tank to supply the sinks. is the other for water heater? what about the capacity of each??? 85 dolphin

thank u

i have an 89 dolphin, has second connection that goes inside to a valve to attach a hose to. haven't used it but sure it is to be used to flush the black and grey water tanks. mine happens to be on the back and the valve and hose are in the bathroom under the sink. check around and see if there isn't a valve with a short hose somewhere in the bathroom.

opps, i stand corrected....1 is a male connection for a water hose, the 2nd 1 is female end...looks like a hose inside.

i did find a short hose in the storage area, about 9- 12in. on 1 end of this short hose is a female end so a waterhose could get screwed in. the short hose fits in the 2nd opening.its like a funnel

thanks for ur reply

Edited by mgrijalva

• 2 weeks later...

One to fill tanks the other possibly is city connection to have water in sink/toilet without use of water pump. SHould have three fitting 1 filler, 2 city connection, 3 water heater filler. ANyone with picts of their sewer/grey drains???????