Roof Vents for 1984 Toyota Sunrader

OBTOY

Does anyone know the correct vents to buy from PPL for my 1984 Toyota Sunrader. Palm fronds damaged them.

Thanks for the great information as usual.

Deborah - OBTOY

Here's where I got mine for my Dolphin, but as Derek stated, standard 14x14 square vents are probibly what ya need. If all you need is the top part, just find out the make of your is vent first, as many use different lift mechinisms. Mine were Jensen (old style) for my 1983, and had no problem finding the cover for it here for my busted one, and a whole new complete aluminum replacement assembly here I bought for one beyond repair. As you stated, PPL, or one's local RV store would no doubt be able to help ya out too, but I find they can be more expensive, even after shipping is included. There are many options, and you should have no problem finding one, and the tops take very little effort and time to swap. Good luck and Peace!

http://stores.ebay.c...d=p4634.c0.m322

Before buying a replacement vent top, visually inspect the entire vent to see if there are any problems. In particular, if the vent frame is plastic, it may be cracked (see link) and thus is a source for small leaks. Also the crank assembly, if there's any problems, opt to replace the entire vent. (New top is about $10, entire vent (with metal frame) is about $30

While your at it, look at all of them. If one is bad, the others are not far behind.

Cracked vent frame

Replacing roof vents

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

i replaced three of the tops only. the way i determined if i was ordering the correct one was based on the hinge. sorry, can't remember where i found that info. there were three distinct hinge styles.

ISECOND THE METAL FRAME VINT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO FOR A TOTAL REPLACMENT SOLVED MY LEAK ON MY PREVOUS MOTERHOME FINALY.

• 5 years later...

I'm in a similar situation and need to install a new vent on my Sunrader. What would you use to seal around the new vent? Caulk? Putty? Tape?