Anyone Ever see a Slide out in a Yota?

Totem

I once saw a dolphin in ebay that had some kind of aftermarket slide out that came complete with an actualtor switch.

My question is this; has anyone else ever seen one put in; if so what are the weight adds etc. Doesn't seem that common...

I remember that "Dolphin" The guy had even added Dolphin decals on it but it wasn't a Dolphin. It was a Four Seasons motorhome and they were made at the factory with that slide out. Some had power and some you had to crank out. I have never seen an after market slide out kit. My friend has a Four Seasons like this . Weight is a good question. I wonder if he has ever weighed it. I will ask.

Linda S

I once saw a dolphin in ebay that had some kind of aftermarket slide out that came complete with an actualtor switch.

My question is this; has anyone else ever seen one put in; if so what are the weight adds etc. Doesn't seem that common...

Leave it to Derek to find out everything about it. I'm suprised at the weight. Under 5000lbs wet with that cool slide out. Most Toyota's weigh much more than that. Also cool to see that slide out option only cost 2 grand. Don't ya just love the old days.

Linda S

More details.

Apparently you haven't yet fully explored the Files @ Yahoo! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately they don't say how much the slide adds to the overall weight.

Even more unfortunately that there were no Sunrader versions. THAT would be a fabrication I would love to consider; scalping the gear off of a wrecked one and installing in the sunrader would be fun.