Before I dive into this project I wanted to seek advice from members that have succeeded with the task. I recently purchased all National bearings and seals, plus purchased a set of new factory Toyota brake shoes. Now it's time to do the job, except my factory Toyota manual doesn't have instructions for the dually. Bummer.

So my questions are will I need any special tools? And are there any disastrous situations I can avoid by simply receiving correct instruction (ex. the hidden oil covered bolt when pulling the head)?

Thanks

Shaggy, couldn't you just make your own gasket? Although, I wasn't aware of this gasket's existence.

Thanks guys! Looks very simple after reviewing Waiter's pics. However, I do have one more question.

Should I deglaze the drums since I'm installing new shoes? If so what grit sand paper or tool do you recommend?

Way back in my impoverished student days we used to make gaskets out of old Corn Flakes boxes. :ThumbUp:

I'm not sure one exists. I watched a video of a guy rebuilding a Toyota Landcruiser rear full floater and it had a gasket. Just wondering!

Does anyone have the part number for the paper gasket? The one on the very outside where the axle is bolted on.

43422-60010 is the part number I used for those gaskets for my 1987, price varies from .77 to a little over a dollar depending what dealer or online source you use. That is a toyota part number

• 2 weeks later...

ILIA

Before I dive into this project I wanted to seek advice from members that have succeeded with the task.

We had the springs replaced also, didn't cost too much from the Toy dealer. Aftermarket will be probably be cheaper.

vanman

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've added some part numbers from notes I tool while doing brakes on a 92 itasca spirit a few years ago. I referred to the little seal as the "outer- small"

I also attached a photo of some of the seals- the little one is the one you asked about.