Has anyone tried the G Force chip in their camper? They claim a great increase in Horsepower and a 4 to 7 mpg increase as well. The HP increase would be nice but 4 to 7 mpg fuel mileage increase would be fantastic! Trouble is these claims all sound too good to be true and we all know how that goes. Any experience with this device? anyone??? Don

Snake oil. Most gas engines do not benefit from a chip diesels yes but not gas. 4-7 more MPG claims alone would have me running for the door it's hard to get good mileage with your foot to the floor.

from my experience some gasoline engines respond very well to SOME chips which is why i posted the question to see if anyone had actual experience with this particular chip in a Toyota hopefully one with a 22re engine. Like most here i regard these sort of advertizement as mostly snake oil ,but i know some do work maybe not up to their advertizing mile age but some improvement if you dont too frequently use the new found power. Don

Has anyone tried the G Force chip in their camper? They claim a great increase in Horsepower and a 4 to 7 mpg increase as well. The HP increase would be nice but 4 to 7 mpg fuel mileage increase would be fantastic! Trouble is these claims all sound too good to be true and we all know how that goes. Any experience with this device? anyone??? Don

as far as V6 goes, I am thinking you would have to mod the computer. There are a few outfits that rebuild the computers.

in general the chips work best in high horsepower engines by trading power for mileage. I know one person that has a suburban & when traveling lightly loaded he can use the chip to get a couple mpg's.

I vote snake oil for yota's

i did the google thing and what i found makes it sound like it just tricks the engine into running extra rich when successful. one post i found said it almost destroyed his engine in a mustang. and one post said it all. if an item that can't cost more than $10 to build the car industry would be all over it to meet the minimum mileage requirements they are facing. try the magnets to ionize the fuel first, at least when you take them off you have magnets to pick up nuts and bolts when you spill them on the shop floor :o)

in my experience chips do work, just like an OBD 2 system can be manipulated to produce crazy amount s of horsepower from a non aspirated engine (turbo/superchager) Downey offroad used to do the computer swap where you send yours in and the go in and change things then send back I had a friend who had a 22r comp done and it was a change for sure. the v6 crowd also had good experience as well, but Downey was a reputable off road company so I cant speak for brand X

I can agree taht with a chip you can get more horsepower OR better mileage. I can't see how they are going to get both. My problems would be that if they gave me another 25 hoursepower, I would use every one of those ponies. My mielage would SUCK because I would be hammering that poor little 4 banger.

Just about any gas engine is right against the wall when it comes to a mix of power and fuel economy the factory spends lots of money to keep every thing in balance and within emission specs. None of this stuff is accessible remotely the main mapping has to be changed in the eprom inside of the ECM to gain any thing. Could you squeak any thing out, maybe but economy and power don't mix you change one you effect the other.