2000 mile east coast adventure

guitarlover519

just got back yesterday from my maiden voyage in the sun land. i gotta say i was pretty impressed that little 4cyl was able take on the Appalachians as well as it did. i got a lot of thumbs up despite my somewhat rough looking toy. well, especially now... haha

on the way home i stop in indiana and low and behold i discover that a good portion of the fiberglass near the window over the cab had come unglued ripped off with the turmoil of the wind we had over the weekend :thumbdown:

so to menards i go later to find something the fix it with. I know its never going to look perfect, but i wanted that side fixed anyway (has the most water damage) looking on the bright side i guess ahah.

any suggestions in material?

also, she kept a good heat at 55, i never over heated but i got awful close... has anyone installed an electric fan or thought about a bigger radiator?

ill grab some pictures tonight after work! i thought the same thing as i posted

Guitarlover,

Can you post some pictures of the missing fiberglass? Maybe someone on this site can be more helpful if there's a picture.

John

As for the heat issue, might just need a new radiator. At that age they just get clogged up. I put a new one in mine and it never gets hotter than quarter of the way up now. Bought 2 row one pretty cheap on ebay

Linda S

just got back yesterday from my maiden voyage in the sun land. i gotta say i was pretty impressed that little 4cyl was able take on the Appalachians as well as it did. i got a lot of thumbs up despite my somewhat rough looking toy. well, especially now... haha

on the way home i stop in indiana and low and behold i discover that a good portion of the fiberglass near the window over the cab had come unglued ripped off with the turmoil of the wind we had over the weekend :thumbdown:

so to menards i go later to find something the fix it with. I know its never going to look perfect, but i wanted that side fixed anyway (has the most water damage) looking on the bright side i guess ahah.

any suggestions in material?

also, she kept a good heat at 55, i never over heated but i got awful close... has anyone installed an electric fan or thought about a bigger radiator?

Don't know what year you have, but you might try a new thermostat and flush the system. (I use the two part flush, One part is acid, the other part you use to neutralize the acid when your finished)

If that doesn't help, then either have the radiator professionally cleaned or replace it. I would recommend a 3 tube radiator, gives you more cooling and costs about $20 more)

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto