RV Living in Hawaii

yortllebk2

Hello all!

Been a while since i have posted. Been having a blast in my ole' girl. She handled a season of being a "ski-in, ski-out" mobile up at the mountain. I am in the middle of trying to sketch out logistics of shipping her back home to Hawaii. I had a dream about making this a "surf-in, surf-out" RV. Does anyone have any experience/ideas doing this? Even when i lived back home (about 12 yrs ago) i don't remember seeing any RV's. I am hoping the 21 foot Dolphin will be small enough to not be hassled. Maui is the intended destination. Any info and or comments would be great. Thanks as always!

I almost bought a 21 foot sunrader off of a guy near Chicago that had lived in it in Hawaii and had it shipped to the mainland. I would figure if they would ship one from there they would ship one to there; not to mention it had to have gotten there. wink.gif

I know of an older Dolphin on the Big Island and there was a real ratty one on Craigslist on Oahu. Also Ive seen a Class A in Pearl City.

The big deal is a total lack of dump sites. When they (do/did) rent RV's on the Big Island you had to schedule a pump out with a local septic pumper or go to a sewage treatment plant and dump.

Check out Matson lines for rates. You can ship a bigger unit out of Seattle than S.F.

Sign me up for Dec-Feb. Thnx. :)

I don't see many places to camp overnight anymore especially on Maui? Maybe there are some remote spots still on the south side, but all I see are "no camping" signs everywhere which is a real bummer.