furnace thermostat

mickeypl

Has anyone tired replacing the furnace thermostat on a sunrader? Mine is not very accurate. The coach is either hot or cold, it takes a while for thermostat to turn on and off!

Another annoying thing with the sunrader is when the furnace fan starts its too noisy, after a few minutes it gets quiet. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Any suggestions?

Edited by mickeypl

I installed a digital thermostat on my Dolphin I think it was about $19 at the local Home Depot.

My Furnace blower squealed when it first started and also when it stopped, I installed a new motor, About $100.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3520

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

So I ordered a new motor as well. Now I am wondering how to seal the propane gas connectors in the heater. Should I use Teflon?! it does get hot there so I am not sure!

I installed a digital thermostat on my Dolphin I think it was about $19 at the local Home Depot.

My Furnace blower squealed when it first started and also when it stopped, I installed a new motor, About $100.

http://toyotamotorho...?showtopic=3520

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

John,

There was nothing on two of them. One of them had some white stuff on it, very thin glue looking material, which made it very hard to unscrew. I think you are right, they don't require anything. Hopefully, they won't leak!?

What was used before to seal the gas connections? On most of these installations, brass flare fittings are used which don't require any teflon tape or goo or anything else for that matter, just the brass fitting itself.

John

Where the copper tube screws onto the brass fittings should be flared and don't require sealant.

Any pipe thread should use the white paste sealant. Just a small amount on the threads gives a good seal. Don't use the teflon tape, tiny strands can break off, and get inside valves and regulators.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Thank for all the replies and good suggestion. So I went ahead and ordered the hydro-flame motor and replaced it. After putting everything together and re installing the unit on the coach, now I have an extra piece which I think goes on the outside door. The problem is under or over the door?! top or bottom? Some how I manged to forget this by the time I received the motor and replaced it. Please see the picture. Can someone help me here?<br /><br />Another question is whether I need to use sealer (in addition to putty tape) on the edges of the unit? if so what kind?post-6026-0-25825800-1334645194_thumb.jp

Spare part!!! No idea.

The only place you need sealant will be the outside where the intake and exhaust port is.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I am not clear about which intake and exhaust port you are talking about!

Spare part!!! No idea.

The only place you need sealant will be the outside where the intake and exhaust port is.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Edited by mickeypl

Mine has a different unit, which I think does not have the exhaust port, it might be built in the unit (hydroflame 8516). This unit bolts on from the outside and I put putty tape under the outside door. I am still wondering whether to add sealing on the outside edges or not!

Look at the very first photo in the first post

http://toyotamotorho...?showtopic=3520

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I guess I will have to unscrew the top bolts and put it on top of the door.

the part looks like it would go above the door, acts like a gutter for water coming down the side. the putty tape should be all you need around the opening.