Replaced gas filler hose

5Toyota

Just finnising up one of the worst pig of a jobs i have ever done replaced gas tank filler and vent hose. terable job bad as my spelling .lol never want too have to do agin

sorry no fotos rember myn is the 400 filler left of rv door take off outr fitting. best half tank or less they do have drain plugs. raise up camper then place jack under tank losen bolts on rear of tank remove bolts on front of tank lower tank down goes maybe 2 inches or so. take off clamps big hose and vent hose both were glued on by old age cut small one vice grips too remove end breack seal lose pull off from outside reinstall down from outside. made the vent hose little longer than old one vent hose worse then filler hose to get at . i

My 87 Dolphin 900 started leaking during fill-ups last summer, so I will have to do this, too.

Can I buy a molded filler or must I use plain hose and bend to suit?

yes my friend the right stuff sold only by the inch in the us/ not cheap. raditor hose is not a plan my man three feet is like 46 dollors. the old one had a date on it 1986 oem was in horrable shape. the stuff is sold cut to order or a full piece three feet long be shure you replace the small vent hose as well . that is sold by the foot not bad.some people use exast pipe to make bends used that on my 1978 . but the dolphin i just had to bend the hose a little it will do a long slope bend ok

it might not be as bad for you guys as my hands are not in very good shape anymore

• 7 months later...

i know the post on this was back in March but maybe others will have to do this also, 86 dolphin 900, no need to drop tank but you do need to be a contortionist , first remove screws from filler neck (just under the cap) then losing the clamp at the tank, this is were you have to be a contortionist, the new hose from NAPA auto parts only comes in 3ft length but you can also get a 90 elbow then you need a 2 foot piece of 2inc ID pipe (i used electrical conduit) to join the 90 to 3 ft piece , when reinstalling make sure vent hose is above filler hose or it will get gas in it and fuel won't go to the tank. do not use water hose! it will disintegrate in very short order.