So Cal - ISO "Camping Buddy" to help newbie get started

Sheswede

Hi All!

:help:

I am new to the group and new to RVing, but not new to camping. I have my 1983 Toyota that I bought in September, just before I went out of town for six months.

Now that I am back I want to start taking her out, but I am a bit intimidated to go out on my own all by myself at first. I don't know how to set myself up, what to do with my tanks, my electricity, etc. Since I am a camper, boondocking is more appealing, but I need to know how to manage at parks as well.

Sooooo - I am looking for a fellow seasoned TOYOTA RVer in the Southern California area to buddy-camp out with me for a few weekend outings. Bring your rig too (better) or join us in mine! If you bring yours I can see different types of rigs in action, good for learning!

I am a fast learner, so this isn't a pussy-cat handholding I need, just someone to help me get started, is all.

For the fun camping part, I love to hike, cook, play cards and games and chat!

So - is anyone game?

Let me know, gang!

Vanessa :sheep:

I see you already belong to the Toyota motorhome tech site. Bob the owner is in Riverside, Ca and I'm sure would be happy to help you learn everything you need to know about your Rv. Just ask him

Linda S

Hi All!

:help:

I am new to the group and new to RVing, but not new to camping. I have my 1983 Toyota that I bought in September, just before I went out of town for six months.

Now that I am back I want to start taking her out, but I am a bit intimidated to go out on my own all by myself at first. I don't know how to set myself up, what to do with my tanks, my electricity, etc. Since I am a camper, boondocking is more appealing, but I need to know how to manage at parks as well.

Sooooo - I am looking for a fellow seasoned TOYOTA RVer in the Southern California area to buddy-camp out with me for a few weekend outings. Bring your rig too (better) or join us in mine! If you bring yours I can see different types of rigs in action, good for learning!

I am a fast learner, so this isn't a pussy-cat handholding I need, just someone to help me get started, is all.

For the fun camping part, I love to hike, cook, play cards and games and chat!

So - is anyone game?

Let me know, gang!

Vanessa :sheep:

Thanks Much Linda - I'll see about that!

>V<

Welcome to the group, Vanessa. :D

I learned a lot just reading books, my own and the libraries. I was fortunate, that my 84 Dolphin had all the manuals for everything. I even replaced a fuel hose, when it started leaking. Easy fix.

Have fun getting aquainted with your rig. You'll love it!

Tudy (MN Swede)

Cricket (84 Dolphin 4 spd)

I'm in Oceanside on most weekends and can give you a rundown if you're ever in the area. Sundays are best for me. I can meet you somewhere like the beach, or I camp on Saturdays a lot near San Clemente and surf in that area.

I'm always willing to spend an hour or two chatting about campers. Also, I somewhat full-time in mine when I'm not in the field working during the week(s). Therefore, it'll give you a good perspective on how some of us mange to pull it off.

Shoot me an email and I'll send you my number. At least I can possibly help you out with some things over the phone.

Shuvalov82@gmail.com

Sounds like a good time to me. I go camping in my 83 dolphin a lot with my wife. We boondock at the Kern river hot springs near lake isabella. You can also do blm land (make sure to get a campfire permit they're free at your local fire station). We also do a lot of beach camping. :D

Thanks all! I am making progress in lining up my friends to play with. I did find one fellow who also recently bought his rig, he is about 10 miles from me and we are looking at going up to Carpinteria for a weekend.

I think this will be my weekend rig very much like ILIA. Love the support!

>V<