Norcold LP operating

I have never operated a lp fridge before....

can someone explain the process?

I could post pictures of the back of the fridge if necessary

These fridges are lit and operated from the front, inside the coach. Should be a dial to set it on gas and then some buttons you push. One is the pezio igniter and the other one is for the gas. Second one must be held in for about 20 seconds to let the burner heat up a little to stay lit. Just make sure your propane tank is on and sometimes helps to lite the stove first to get gas in the lines. If it hasn't been lit in a long time it still takes some time to get it started

LS

I have never operated a lp fridge before....

can someone explain the process?

I could post pictures of the back of the fridge if necessary

Playing with propane and a spark is a little scarey to me. I would find the model number you have, not sure where, maybe the back side from the outside, and search it on the internet and find the owners manual for lighting it and follow it closely. You may have an additional shut of between the main line that will be on the outside under the door to the back of the fridge and the fridge itself. Like said before it might be a good idea to light the stove to get gas through the lines, in my case it wouldn't help as mine had a separate line going to the fridge. Of course turn the stove off before trying the fridge, no sense in having an additional source to light leaked propane, even though it is heavier than air and shouldn't be able to get that high, i wouldn't chance it myself. The owners manual will probably give you some directions on what cleaning/maintenance should be done to the propane starter etc. if it's been sitting for awhile you would want to make sure the spider webs and wasp nests are removed before lighting it too. If the unit is working on AC then it shouldn't be too much work to make it work on propane. personally i would chase down the manual before trying, sure it won't be hard to find, someone here may even have it or it could be posted on this site or the yahoo site many here belong to.

if you have one of the very small cube models those light and adjust from outside.

Linda says it.

If your is like mine;

Its like lighting the pilot light on an older water heater or furnace. you need to hold one button in to override the flame safety , then click the starter button until the flame lights, continue holding the flame safety button in for about 15-30 seconds.

1) You should have a knob that selects electric off or LP. make sure its on LP.

2) make sure the LP tank is connected and turned on. (Horiz tanks MUST be horizontal - DO NOT use a BBQ tank in the horiz position)

3) If LP appliances haven't been run in a while or you just switched tanks, you might want to light the stove for a few minutes just to make sure there's LP in the pipes and is purged of air.

4) The frig should have a sight window that you can see the flame in. It may be difficult to see it because the site-glass is actually a long plastic pipe and it gets dirty on the ends and may be hard to see the flame.

5) If worst comes to worst (i.e. igniter doesn't seem to work) I have my wife hold the button in, and I go outside, and use one of those long necked lighters and light the flame . You may want to do this the first time so you can see where the flame is, and also see if you can see it through the inside window..

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

it is outside!

I got it going. The ignition is broken so had to manually lite it but it seems to work... only kept it on about a hour...