Anyone installed a generic Intermittent wiper switch?

I'm needing to swap out the 2 speed wiper switch for an intermittent one on my 78'

I've seen a few generic switches and am curious if there is advice out there on this.

Thanks Much

just out of curiosity why are you both wanting to swap out from the OEM switch?

The 2 speed is killing me in the Pacific NorthWest, have to manually flip it in and out most of the time.

A lot of the early wiper switches were interchangeable it was the switch not the motor that made it intermittent, junk yard? I think it was standard on the SR5 Hilux (pickup)

dont know if you could find one but my 1978 minimax has an orginal total after market under dash 1970s varble speed wiper switch. used to see them for sale. drove my datsun b210 twenty four years pumping the switch. the minimax is forsale on the add list by it and i will thro in the switch for free . lol it hangs under the dash. i like the perks we have now. but i lerned to drive in 1969 wife said years ago put one datsun but i never did. had a 1977 toyota wagen with one intermint speed but those on colum do not see how would fit on the truck. had 1978 truck to no intmint. with the one i have you leve the org one in place

Thanks for the replies. There appears to be a few of these switches on the market... I'd like to have a nice clean install in the dash where the original knob is.