looking for old fridge knob

FineArtist

I've got an old 1989 Warrior I just acquired with a working Norcold 875EG2 refridgerator in it. Unfortunately it is missing the knob (selector switch) which allows it to be switched from gas to Electricity. As I found out, they are virtually impossible to find. They have a very long (1"), "D" fitting off the back end of the switch. If anyone has one of these knobs, I'd make it worth their while to part with it. Or, if you might have a lead on where to find one, please let me know. Pliers are such a pain!

Linda s Thanks for putting me on the right track, unfortunately with my Norcold fridge I can't make out the model #, the door has been shifting back and forth and kind of erased it,

but I can make out a serial # so I will have to give them a call.

thanks again Mike

If you both have 89"s by the same maker you can be pretty sure the model number is the same. PPL's online catalog is enormous and someone else said they called and were told they didn't have this part. I took it to checkout and it was ready to take my money so I think they do have the part but maybe not really good people answering the phone.

LS

Linda s Thanks for putting me on the right track, unfortunately with my Norcold fridge I can't make out the model #, the door has been shifting back and forth and kind of erased it,

but I can make out a serial # so I will have to give them a call.

thanks again Mike

Cool definately let us know when you get it and if it's the right part. A member of the toyota campers group was the one who was told they didn't

have it, probably from just a lazy employee. I'd like to let him know that someone actually got one

LS

Hi Linda S

I went through all the motions and ordered the Norgold fridge knob today, will keep you posted.

thanks again Mike

Hi Linda S

No Luck!!!! This is the two reply's I got from the web site you posted on where we might get a replacement knob for the Norcold fridge

At this time we are unable to ship any orders Internationally. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have cancelled your order at this time.

If you have a United States address you’d like to ship this order to we can do that. Just let us know.

Otherwise you can contact RV Upgrades to fulfill your order. You may ask for Deb and tell her that Stag Parkway sent you.

1-866-332-7881 http://www.rvupgradestore.com/

So I reordered, and I got this reply from them today

Actually the part is NA. :(

Try a local RV Salvage company to see if they have this part still. I have listed a couple that might be able to help.

FACTORY RV SURPLUS 574-262-3327

RV SURPLUS & SALVAGE 574-264-5575

D&D SALVAGE & SURPLUS 231-547-0229

Thanks Linda I will keep trying and let you know what I can come up with. Mike

Wow I wonder how many of those thousands of parts they list complete with price even exist. I'm kind of shocked. I haven't ordered from them but

thinking they had all these replacement parts for my old camper stuff made me feel more secure. Now I find out I'm probably going to have to buy

all new appliances when they break. The site Derek posted looks like a possibility for the knobs. maybe you can jury rig something together that will work

LS

Hi Linda S

No Luck!!!! This is the two reply's I got from the web site you posted on where we might get a replacement knob for the Norcold fridge

At this time we are unable to ship any orders Internationally. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have cancelled your order at this time.

If you have a United States address you'd like to ship this order to we can do that. Just let us know.

Otherwise you can contact RV Upgrades to fulfill your order. You may ask for Deb and tell her that Stag Parkway sent you.

1-866-332-7881 http://www.rvupgradestore.com/

So I reordered, and I got this reply from them today

Actually the part is NA. :(

Try a local RV Salvage company to see if they have this part still. I have listed a couple that might be able to help.

FACTORY RV SURPLUS 574-262-3327

RV SURPLUS & SALVAGE 574-264-5575

D&D SALVAGE & SURPLUS 231-547-0229

Thanks Linda I will keep trying and let you know what I can come up with. Mike

Derek up north thanks for the web site, but I don't see anything there that comes close.

I didn't mean to hijack this post from "fine artist" just that I would like to get hold of the same part

As he mentioned the knob has about a 1" shaft, also it is hollow with a D shaped fitting.

Linda s I sent you a PM, thanks also for your offer

Mike

One last try. This place repairs rv refrigerators and they are in Everett, Wa. They might have an old knob. They also have a forum

so maybe one of their customers can find one for you.

http://www.rvmobile.com/

LS

Derek up north thanks for the web site, but I don't see anything there that comes close.

I didn't mean to hijack this post from "fine artist" just that I would like to get hold of the same part

As he mentioned the knob has about a 1" shaft, also it is hollow with a D shaped fitting.

Linda s I sent you a PM, thanks also for your offer

Mike