Water sytem stopped working

FineArtist

Must not be my day for water problems. The on demand pump is no longer working, and i don't know how it stopped or how to get it started. There is a on/off switch under the sink cupboard ledge which might be it? Doesn't seem to do anything.

Usually the pump switch is in the tank sensor panel. Generally one turns it off when it's not needed to avoid flooding the camper in case it springs a leak some where. I guess when you have some thing that's 20+ years old any thing goes so it's any ones guess what your switches might be. First thing would be to check the coach fuses you'll probably find them in the power panel and some times in the battery compartment also.

Usually the pump switch is in the tank sensor panel. Generally one turns it off when it's not needed to avoid flooding the camper in case it springs a leak some where. I guess when you have some thing that's 20+ years old any thing goes so it's any ones guess what your switches might be. First thing would be to check the coach fuses you'll probably find them in the power panel and some times in the battery compartment also.

Thanx! I'll check it out. 20+ year old, but I bought it as it only had 15K miles on it. One problem after another! No "control panel" per se for the water system so it must be the fuses.

my 1978 does not have control panel only a rocker switich for the pump a 12 volt test light is a 6 doller tool you need if you have power at the pump then probly the pump no power check if fuse does not look bad try a new one anyway glass fuses can look good and not be good workyour way pump on back follow the wires

Go to the store and buy a decent multimeter. A usable one will cost under $30 and you will definitely get your money's worth.

With your multimeter, check the power supply to the pump. If you don't have power, go downline (toward your battery or converter) and check for power at every connection or fuse. You will eventually get to a point where you have 12 volt power. You now know where your problem is. Also check the ground from the pump to the chassis.

Make sure that you have a good ground with your meter for these tests or you will be wasting your time. Either purchase or make a set of wires with insulated aligator clips on both ends. I have two sets of gator clip wirs, one short set (about 5 ft liong and one about 15 ft long so that I can do all of my testing with the ground hooked straight to the battery negative post. I have no doubt that I have a good ground.

You can also check to see if your pump is good by using your jumpers from the battery with a direct hookup to the pump. If it is the pump, they don't cost that much and are pretty easy to replace.

• 3 weeks later...