Water lines 1990 dolphin

Can I replace the hard plastic water lines in this with softer food & beverage grade line from Farm & Home? Clamps I have acess to will not clam tight enough on current grey lines & have to replace joints or pipe where meets under shower wall so thought would just replace all to be on safe side. Please any advise? Thx so much,

I wouldn't - You should be able to replace the PEX tubing with new PEX tubing. If you don't have a crimper, use the plastic push on fittings, they work OK and are reliable. you can find this at Lowes, Menards, Home Depot

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Pex would be the way to go, the gray stuff is all to it's self you have to go to a specialty plastic shop to find any thing to fit it. Pex requires tools but you can probably rent them they even have Pex now that does not use clamps an other nice thing about Pex it can freeze with out breaking.

the push on fittings will work fine on that old grey pipe my son my dauter and i live in mobile homes all plastic pipe very simler to rv same grey pipe on city water pressare cut out old crimp fittings they spray water if you snez at them there was a federal lawsuit on those in mobile homes sharkbite is one good brand made of brass just did a full 50 gallon water heater in older lady anchant single wide galvinze to pex to heater thanks my years of mobil home repair fixing my rv was easer same stuf f you can connect pex to the grey with no problem