Shower flooding or backing up..

We just got back from our 1st trip which was for 5 nights and our Shower backed up twice during our stay.

A few points:

We were at a full hook up site and the rv was level.

The water was gray water not black.

We Didn't use the shower at all (We used their showers.)

It was the wife, baby and I so, dishes were minimal and overall sink useage was minimal as well..

Is there some other way fresh water is leaking over or being diverted to the gray water tank causing it to over fill and back up into the shower?

I thought maybe the vent on the roof was clogged but, when I open the dump valve, it all flows out fine.

I'm Stumped!

:(

What you consider small usage, may still be a lot. Your Toy probably has a 12-15 gal gray tank.

When at a full hookup site I dump my gray daily or just leave it open.

Another rare, but has happened, thing is that in the past your tank/dump plumbing was damaged and when it was replaced there is a high spot somewhere and your not emptying the tank all the way. On your next overnighter, make sure your tank is empty and use a couple of gallon jugs to pour water into the sink/shower and see how much the tank holds. You may be surprised.

My guess is that your greywater tank is full! When I hook up to full service I leave the black water closed & the grey water open. The black tank will not function properly unless water stands in the bottom.

in an itasca spirit/ winnie warrior, the grey tank is about 16 gallons - 2 navy showers & a sink of dishes will fill it up

I would go out and explore the shut off valves (plural) for your holding tanks. You can dump then measure gallons input (one gallon at a time) and determine the real capacity AND which valve dumps what.

In my camper, when the grey tank is full it backs up into the shower (lowest point).

We just got back from our 1st trip which was for 5 nights and our Shower backed up twice during our stay.

A few points:

We were at a full hook up site and the rv was level.

The water was gray water not black.

We Didn't use the shower at all (We used their showers.)

It was the wife, baby and I so, dishes were minimal and overall sink useage was minimal as well..

Is there some other way fresh water is leaking over or being diverted to the gray water tank causing it to over fill and back up into the shower?

I thought maybe the vent on the roof was clogged but, when I open the dump valve, it all flows out fine.

I'm Stumped!

:(

Well the entire system is relatively new, And I got the unit from my mommy :) who used it often didn't have this issue. Although, she used paper and plastic for meals and showered at the parks facilities. So, I'm leaning towards the gray water tank being smaller than I thought it was.:thumbdown:

Thanks guys..:ThumbUp: