At 250 amps thats asking a lot. The alternator is good for maybe 60 amps so thats going to leave 190 amps from the battery with nothing to charge it and every thing is going to get hot, inverter, alternator and the battery Granted the A/C will use less once it's started but it's still going to max every thing and you'll probably end up with a dead battery in less then an hour.

Maineah pretty much covered it - This is a tough assignment

If you upgraded the electrical equipment to cover this:

High capacity Coach batteries

High Capacity Isolator

250 amp alternator,

3000 watt inverter,

#00 wiring.

Your probably close to the cost of an Onan Generator.

If your Truck AC isn't able to cool the entire vehicle while driving, you may consider a curtain between the truck cab and the MH coach. this should allow the truck cab to stay cool.

ALSO - Try placing the Truck Cab AC on Recirculate rather than Fresh air. This helps the AC a lot as it doesn't need to cool Hot outside air, but instead cools the air that's already inside the cab. Odds are, you have enough air leaks and don't need the Fresh air anyway

I made a Curtain that snaps onto the floor of the cab over, and drapes down to the floor of the coach, covering the entire truck cab opening.

This is mainly for privacy while sleeping in the coach, but it would work to help keep the Truck cab cool (or warm) while driving.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Here's some shots of our "Privacy Curtain" that we use at nights.

Get a piece of nice thick fabric at the fabric store. Measure and Sew the edges over for a nice fit. Although we originally sewed in Velcro, we found the snaps worked much better.

post-4544-0-42715200-1299201764_thumb.jp post-4544-0-19168500-1299201813_thumb.jp post-4544-0-75222400-1299201847_thumb.jp post-4544-0-02453400-1299201859_thumb.jp

I made the same sort of curtain out of a "solar window cover" its a 7 layer insulated fabric. Works great summer or winter.

To help it stay in place I sewed a small chain in the bottom, that way it will drape over small bumps.

• 5 months later...

If I See anything in the back window, its probably an 18 wheeler riding up on my bumper. :help: and I don't want to see that, so I don't look.

On my Dolphin, the inside rear view mirror is just about totally useless for looking outside.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I bought some of the aluminum foil stuff with bubbles in between it's reflective and some degree of insulation I also cut some to fit the inside of the truck windows when it's parked that made a huge difference in both the A/C and heating load .

I have one of the plastic wide angle viewers on my back window. It helps a bunch. You can't exactly tell what make of car is back there, but you know somethings is there.

I use a clear shower curtain in the summer to help the cab A/C. I can still tell if something is behind me.