save your ceiling!!

RVdaytrader

had staining by my a/c and ceiling vents...removed inside trim and saw raw wood in cutouts. A raw edge in plywood and luan will suck up water like a sponge...so I cleaned off dirt and butyl caulk that was in openings and applied 2 coats of paint... sealed the outside of the vents with 2 coats of brush-on geocel sealer, its like having a rubber coat on the plasic roof flanges that crack...any water that ever does get in will drip out the weep holes I am going to drill in corners of vent trim and a/c cover instead of soaking into the ceiling itself.

post-4473-0-70959600-1299085257_thumb.jp

post-4473-0-99891600-1299085279_thumb.jp

post-4473-0-01164900-1299085311_thumb.jp

post-4473-0-47762400-1299085339_thumb.jp

Great idea RVdaytrader. I have taken every window out of the sunrader and before resealing them have run a strip of aluminum tape (not duct tape, it is thin metal with a sticky side) over the wood in the frame and slightly over onto the fiberglass outside and paneling inside. Thus if water gets through it will have to leak unto the paneling where I can see it, or outside. These sunraders do have wood framework inside the fiberglass shell.