2011 October Midwest Toyota Rally - Northern Indiana

bufbooth

If someone organizes a rally for enxt summer there is a very good possbility that my wife and I would be there. My schedule for this summer is about full.

Hello Wistoy, where abouts are you located in Wisconsin?

I get up to Wisconsin Dells about 3 times a year.

The last four MidWest Toy-Ins were in NW Illinois near Galesburg,

but the location started to get old. Regarding a Wisconsin Toy-In

for next year, if there is enough interest I would be willing to host,

I will ping the attendees on what their interest is for next year.

Later,

Dennis...

It was nice to meet everyone in Indiana. Thanks for the RV tours and the friendly welcome. I have my full float axle at home and am thinking about installing it myself. I have to check out a bunch of things. Spring width, etc. Thanks,

Mark

We are in Wausau., We have some great camp sites north, lots of boating,(pontoon), kayaking, rivers and lakes. Oh and can't forget a lot of great food and Drink :rolleyes:

If you are coming thru contact me and we maybe can meet up.:ThumbUp:

Later,

Dennis...

DARN - I really wanted to make this. I knew I was going to be working all weekend so I let my brother-in-law barrow the Toyhouse to goto Arkansas.

Alright, I'm planning for next year.

Maybe I'll make the big one out on the Calif/Arizona border in January.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

the solution: mounted two volt meters at the isolator post; in dash. turned out quite nice; now i know for sure had a bad autozone alternator.... this mod everyone should do. battery on right is cab left meter is the truck engine.

Rally was fun, burned my finger making that camp fire pizza through my glove though

I so can't wait to show my 3 year old daughter this movie; she will scream when she sees her toy in line.

I will be posting more pictures later, but here is a youtube video

of the 2011 October Midwest Toyota Rally Caravan leaving the campground

heading into town:

Dennis B.

• 2 weeks later...

DARN - Looks like a good time was had - How many Toyhouses showed up??

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I believe there were 17 in all. One showed up late and I didn't get to photograph it.

Jim

Later,

Dennis...

I would be interested in a Wisconsin Toy rally. I'm from south central MN.

Tudy

84 Dolphin "Cricket"

Hey Dennis, you had mentioned Wisconsin for next years events... what about the Dells? I can share this experience that is particularly interesting if you have kids: As you all from wisconsin know the dells have some the greatest water parks in the USA including Noah's Ark and Mt. Olympus...Now for my Story.. Mt. Olympus is only a smidge smaller than Noah's Ark water park wise but also boasts a full amusement park and coasters that are non water based like cedar point.. Hers the great part of the deal; they offer free admission tickets for any of their resort lodging and they recently acquired a full hookup RV park. I went there this summer with family and got the following package 2 nights 3 days full hookup and 2 days passes (2 kids 2 adults) for the price of... are you ready.... $58.

We had a blast the park had a huge wave pool with tiki bars right in it; several indoor and outdoor slides and many many rides and coasters. It was fantastic. Just a thought anyway....

Hello Totem,

The Booth family visits Wisconsin Dells twice a year (like for for last 10 years), it is a great place, we love

Mt. Olympus and over the summer I almost did the deal that you are talking about, but I did not have my Toyota

with me, I had my Chevy truck with a cap on it, I was tempted on just getting a camping site and parking the truck.

I already had free lodging, my sister has a full time trailer just North of the Dells.

Besides the water activities at Mt. Olympus, they have a beach, a number of go-cart tracks, roller coaster rides,

and a large wave pool. One could easily spend two days there. Also, just down the road is Baraboo that has a

nice little zoo and the Cicus Musuem which is really fun to do.

I will ping the folks first of the year on the interest level. The Dells even has a drive-in movie theater, can

you image 15 to 20 Toyota motorhomes pulling into the drive-in!

Dennis...

• 3 months later...

Hello Totem,

The Booth family visits Wisconsin Dells twice a year (like for for last 10 years), it is a great place, we love

Mt. Olympus and over the summer I almost did the deal that you are talking about, but I did not have my Toyota

with me, I had my Chevy truck with a cap on it, I was tempted on just getting a camping site and parking the truck.

I already had free lodging, my sister has a full time trailer just North of the Dells.

Besides the water activities at Mt. Olympus, they have a beach, a number of go-cart tracks, roller coaster rides,

and a large wave pool. One could easily spend two days there. Also, just down the road is Baraboo that has a

nice little zoo and the Cicus Musuem which is really fun to do.

I will ping the folks first of the year on the interest level. The Dells even has a drive-in movie theater, can

you image 15 to 20 Toyota motorhomes pulling into the drive-in!

Dennis...

BUMP...

are you kidding me , Drive in Movies? I didn't even know that was there. Yep I can't imagine a better way to take over with the rally. Heck we could maybe even take it one notch higher by having last years Rally video get played on the big screen!

• 1 month later...

So Dennis...

Is Wisconsin a go, for the Midwest Toyota Rally? Sounds awesome to me! B)

I live 8 miles from Wisconsin Dells and drive through it twice a day going to and from work. I would love to have a ralleye that close to home. Devils Lake State park is also just 15 miles south if you want some great hiking. For the bicycle crowd, the "400 Trail" is just 20 miles west in Reedsburg, the trail is 22 miles of crushed limestone with a total elevation change of less than 40 ft..

When driving in the "Dells", be very cautious about pedestrians, and average of 2 get killed every year for stepping out in front of cars. Also, watch out for vacationers that leave their brqins at home when they take to the roads. The police are very busy with fender benders every day.

I have a bunch of stuff taking up my time this summer including 2 weddings, a college graduation and manditory retirement so I may not be able to help out much with anything but knowledge of the area.

The drive in would probably run your video if you could get a bunch of Toyhouses to show up. Here is their information:

Big Sky Twin Drive-In Theater

<BR class=clearfix>http://www.bigskydrivein.com | contact via email<BR class=clearfix>Hwy 16 E

Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965(608) 254-8025

Hello All,

Wisconsin Dells for the 2012 Midwest Rally is a YES!

It will either be the week of July 16th or the week of July 23rd.

I am finishing up the details with a campground and have

pinged the 2011 attendees on which week works best.

I should have the final date and campground determined

in the next few days and will be communicating the information

here (under a 2012 July Midwest Toyota Rally thread).

Thanks,

Dennis B.

Hello All,

Wisconsin Dells for the 2012 Midwest Rally is a YES!

It will either be the week of July 16th or the week of July 23rd.

I am finishing up the details with a campground and have

pinged the 2011 attendees on which week works best.

I should have the final date and campground determined

in the next few days and will be communicating the information

here (under a 2012 July Midwest Toyota Rally thread).

Thanks,

Dennis B.

Sooo awesome..

Dont forget that the RV joint in Mt. Zues comes with free daypasses to the water and amusement park though...thumbup.gif

Hello Totem,

I am not sure that MT. Olympus has the campground anymore.

It was removed from their website around December.

If you find it, please post it.

Thanks,

Dennis...

Hello Totem,

I am not sure that MT. Olympus has the campground anymore.

It was removed from their website around December.

If you find it, please post it.

Thanks,

Dennis...

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I knew it was too good to be true. At least I got that deal one time. I'll call them to make sure though

Hello Totem,

I gave them a call and it was like hacking into NASA to figure out the rates.

One has to ignore the lodging choices on their website (camping is not listed)

and just hit Book Dates and when the screen refreshes it has three camping options.

The lowest rate is $89 a night plus taxes for 2 persons and one has to book it

early and a 25% deposit down to get that rate, I thought it was $40 last year).

The real issue here is that one has to pay the same rate every night spent there,

it is all (site plus passes) or nothing. I am currently looking at $40 a night for

a very nice night wooded campground (have camped several times before), which does

have some discount passes (details being mailed to me), but there is a radio

station that has some great deals that I buy from each year. If I recall correctly

the Mt. Olympus campground is right on the strip, which is pretty noisey just about

24 hours a day. Also, one wants to avoid the waterpark on Friday afternoon and

all day Saturdays, you will stand in 20 to 40 minutes lines, go to the waterparks

on Monday to Friday (before 3pm)and there usually is no lines.

Dennis...

Hello Totem,

I gave them a call and it was like hacking into NASA to figure out the rates.

One has to ignore the lodging choices on their website (camping is not listed)

and just hit Book Dates and when the screen refreshes it has three camping options.

The lowest rate is $89 a night plus taxes for 2 persons and one has to book it

early and a 25% deposit down to get that rate, I thought it was $40 last year).

The real issue here is that one has to pay the same rate every night spent there,

it is all (site plus passes) or nothing. I am currently looking at $40 a night for

a very nice night wooded campground (have camped several times before), which does

have some discount passes (details being mailed to me), but there is a radio

station that has some great deals that I buy from each year. If I recall correctly

the Mt. Olympus campground is right on the strip, which is pretty noisey just about

24 hours a day. Also, one wants to avoid the waterpark on Friday afternoon and

all day Saturdays, you will stand in 20 to 40 minutes lines, go to the waterparks

on Monday to Friday (before 3pm)and there usually is no lines.

Dennis...

Oh yes, agreed; if they are not giving the $57 deal its not worth it for hassle of the area; though it was full hookup; sewer etc and walking distance to parks.

I totally ok with the campground you have; and I must admit that $57 deal we got last summer seemed like the deal of the century and too good to be true till we were in that massive wave pool that had a bar in it.

Fun times!