G4 24 3528 SMD LED 12 volt light bulf

Raymond

G4 24 3528 SMD LED White Camper Marine Light Bulb 12V $2.00

http://www.1topstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=12570

The prices seem very good, too good? I would like to change out my inside 12 volt lights. Going on a trip in May from Bremertun Washing through California to Texas, Florida. East Coast, back through Tennessee, back to Washington, We will be dry camping when I can and need to save battery. Now if I can only seal the roof. replace shocks, replace breaks, and have money left for the trip

This one seems to have the type of base my rig uses

http://www.1topstore...oducts_id=12651

bx36.jpgbx36.jpg

$0.85

Yeah Derek, they give you the bulb then charge 37>50 bucks to ship it

what a deal.........................

This one seems to have the type of base my rig uses

http://www.1topstore...oducts_id=12651

bx36.jpgbx36.jpg

$0.85

Yeah Derek, they give you the bulb then charge 37>50 bucks to ship it

what a deal.........................

Figured out that I can buy a lot of gas for my Honda 2000i generator for the price of 10 220 lum lamps @ 22.00 each + shipping. May just buy some stick on led lights next to my bulb lamps to give us some light at night. Head lights for reading.

I am happy with the ones I have running http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2779

Also I have some of these http://cgi.ebay.com/1-pcs-SMD-SMT-white-LED-light-strip-bar-3528-3M-tape-/380303936532?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588be18c14

I cut them into sections and have them inside cabinets activated by micro switches on the doors. Also under the stove hood. They work really well.

The attached thumbs are of the led tape. The one with all the tools is the stove top lit up.

As a note I am moving this thread to the electrical section as that's what this is related to.

post-1-030467100 1294038702_thumb.jpg

post-1-074129400 1294038714_thumb.jpg

post-1-013842900 1294038725_thumb.jpg

Greg,

Where'd you get your switches and how much were they? Looks great!

I think I bought them at radio shack http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049719 $3.00 They don't come with screws so you have to take one down to the hardware store and get a few wood screws. The screws will end up being very very tiny. My first set of screws I bought with out the switch in hand, thought for sure I bought small enough but not so. I also bought them so they went about 1/4 inch into the wood frame. There is not much force on them.

krilov....how bright are these compared to a 1141 bulb?? At that price I would change all of mine if bright enough!

thanks,

RVdaytrader

I think these are fantastic. Free shipping takes a while, but they are a really great price and I like the warm white of these vs the warm white bulbs from ledwholsale. In case the link is dead, the ebay seller is dxy_dxyduan.

krilov....how bright are these compared to a 1141 bulb?? At that price I would change all of mine if bright enough!

thanks,

RVdaytrader

I would say they are almost as bright and almost as warm. They are still leds and don't quit match the color/feel of regular bulbs but for such a fraction of the power use, they work great for me.

I've only had the bulbs for a week, so I can say how they will last long term. For now, they are great. Ordered one to test and just ordered 10 more.

FYI, The bayonet base that comes with the bulbs are tiny. I didn't notice the measurements, when I first ordered.

If anyone has a better led source, I'd love to hear about it.

here's a side by side

1141 on the left and LED on the right.

post-4277-083522200 1294207591_thumb.jpg

krilov...you said..."FYI, The bayonet base that comes with the bulbs are tiny. I didn't notice the measurements, when I first ordered."...do they work in the 1141 sockets OK, or do you have to install some other way??

Thanks, RVdaytrader

I would say they are almost as bright and almost as warm. They are still leds and don't quit match the color/feel of regular bulbs but for such a fraction of the power use, they work great for me.

I've only had the bulbs for a week, so I can say how they will last long term. For now, they are great. Ordered one to test and just ordered 10 more.

FYI, The bayonet base that comes with the bulbs are tiny. I didn't notice the measurements, when I first ordered.

If anyone has a better led source, I'd love to hear about it.

here's a side by side

1141 on the left and LED on the right.

krilov...you said..."FYI, The bayonet base that comes with the bulbs are tiny. I didn't notice the measurements, when I first ordered."...do they work in the 1141 sockets OK, or do you have to install some other way??

Thanks, RVdaytrader

They don't have the same size base. It comes with the three attachment choices and I put a regular bulb on the right. See the pic below for size comparison.

post-4277-055387900 1294268954_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

They don't have the same size base. It comes with the three attachment choices and I put a regular bulb on the right. See the pic below for size comparison.

krilov....I ordered 1 of them to try and I got it yesterday....I used 1 of the adapters they give you, cut of the end and soldered it to the load side of switch and to ground.....tried it and like it a lot, will be ordering more for all the rest of my lights...I think I like them more than the incandesent ones!

Lots of places/ways to mount them, depending on how visible you want them and how much in your way when the doors are open.

There is a second switch in the other opening, power from the switch runs up the back of the cabinet rib to the tape leds. Note these micro switches have a small roller on the end of the lever. Bought them at Radio Shack. I tried the ones with out rollers but the arms eventually broke off. The arms will fatigue and break off if you place the switch to far towards the door. You really don't want the arm to flex, just move enough to activate the switch. They are bendable so there is some adjustment just by bending them. As you can see they are small, not even close to being in the way.

post-1-0-22619000-1297021708_thumb.jpg