Fridge Button Stuck

krilov

Won't light unless you hold in the white button. I would recommend fixing the button could not be much wrong with it maybe stuck in the cover for the buttons.

Gosh, there must be something in the air going around. I pushed mine yesterday and the same thing happened , it stuck in...So needless to say I shall be haunting this thread. Kirlov, I just check mine and you have the proper place to light it as the electrode for the spark lighter is just behind the cover plate your arrow is pointing to. Here is the problem, One of your hands needs to be holding down the black button while the other handis outside lighting the flame. It does look like you could take out the little clear window and stick a butane long handle lighter in there from the front.

The white button gets held down while you spark it with the red button. Then you keep holding the white button down until the flame heat keeps the gas flowing.

Krilov, look just under the search box at the top right of this page, there is a slealth light blue type "FILES AND PHOTOS", go there and you can find things like this http://toyotamotorho...1_48_332030.pdf

that show your Dometic all blown up (don't blame me, I didn't blow it up)

now you can see what goes where

rod 58 pushes lighter 23 which sparks ignitior 27

Gas Operation with piezo igniter (Fig. 1)

1. To start the refrigerator turn the knob (A) to position“GAS”.

2. Turn the thermostat knob (

B) a quarter of a turn

from position “OFF”.

3. Push the button © to stop and push the button (D)

of the piezo igniter. The pushing has to be repeated

until the gas is lit at the burner. This can be observed

through the reflector(E).

4. After the gas is lit keep the button © pushed for

10 seconds. Release the button and check through

the reflector that the burner flame stays burning. If

not, repeat the lighting procedure. To shut off the

refrigerator turn the knob (A) to off position.

Krilov, I just got mine unstuck, here is how I did it. Look at your picture of the back view, to the right of the box your arrow points at is a white box, take off the two top screws & lift cover off to the back. Follow the wire from the spark lighter behind (to the body outside) the burner. This wire goes over and toward the front (cabinside) to a silver long box, that is the sparklighter. Put a flashlight at the bottom and look in front of sparklighter to see the broad lipped rod end that shoves the sparklighter, that rod should be free to move front and back, it does not connect directly to sparklighter, it just shoves it back, it is not springloaded. Under that silver box are the two ends of a spring clip. When I moved that springclip a little bit the sparklighter unlocked and went back to its normal function, at least for a few trys, we will see if the "fix" lasts... When you put the white cover back on remember that the conduit and other wires engages two slots on the top of the cover.

What does the white button do?

Gonna be challenging to hold the white button and light it from the outside. Hmm. May have to rig a stick or something.

Normally the thermocouple gets heated by the pilot and keeps the valve open. The white button bypasses the thermocouple and manually opens the valve so that gas will flow to the pilot burner. You hold it in for awhile until the thermocouple gets hot enough to hold the valve open on its own. Then you let go of the button and hopefully the pilot stays lit. You can get a can of dry silicon lubricant and spray around the sides of the stuck piezo button. Might un-stick it.

As a note the burner pilot side of the refer is supposed to be sealed from the interior of the coach because of carbon monoxide fumes.