HI WOULD LIKE TO ADJUST MY VALVES ON 1988 DOLPHIN 22RE BUT HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THE HOSES AND OTHER STUFF THAT ARE ON TOP, AFRAID I MESS UP SOMETHING REMOVING ALL THIS STUFF, ADVICE NEEDED.

TAKE CARE RAS

Take a picture.

Label everything that you remove. If you don't know what it is just number the part and number where it hooks up.

Take more pictures.

There should be a hose diagram some where on the hood.

WME

Like was said, mark stuff. But a lot of stuff doesn't come off -- there is a metal vacuum rail held on by intake manifold bolts. That holds 4 lines, runs parallel to the head, and should be able to be squeezed by and remain in place. The pcv should be replaced anyway -- get a new grommet while you are at it. The other area is by the EGR. That contraption is bolted to the top of the valve cover. It's easy to either mark or unbolt and leave in place. I have never done a valve adjustment with the engine in place but I did replace the whole engine and adjusted the valves while on the engine stand. I have gobs of movies but none that show exactly the hose routes cause I took the engine out in stages. Write if you need help. Kim