HI WELL DAY TWO OF OWNING MY TOYOTA DOLPHIN 22RE AUTO TRANS 1988, 70,000 MILES ON IT, AND FINELY GOT IT UP ON BLOCKS , AND FROM THE REAR SEAL ON TRANS ALL WAY THE BACK TO DEF. IS COATED WITH TRANS FLUID, AND THE DRIVE SHAFT HAS PLAY IN IT , I CAN MOVE IT UP AND DOWN . NOW WHAT TO DO? any help will sure be appreciated.

thanks RAS

PS I DROVE HOME 130 MILES AND THE TRANS SHIFTED FINE AND OVERDRIVE WORK FINE.

If it's leaking that bad no doubt the bushing in the tail stock is bad. It would be very wise to get it fixed right away it can do mechanical damage the the trans if left alone.

The Toy has a replaceable rear bushing. Finding the bushing can be a PIA but it is out there. Somewhere here there is a post with pictures.

SURE GLAD I CAME TO THIS SITE, HAVE A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT TOYOTA MH'S BUT SO FAR EVERY THING WORKS AND AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT FOR $2,000 I AM NOT GOING TO COMPLAIN TO MUCH, I EXPECT TO SPENT A LESS ANOTHER 1,000 , HAS NEW TIRE 6 MONTHS AGO ALSO BRAKES AND TUNE UP WITH A LOT OF NEW PARTS, ANYWAY AT 67 SURE GIVE ME SOMETHING MESS WITH,AND THANKS FOR ALL YOU HELP,

TAKE CARE RAS