Replace carpet with roll-on bedliner

Excalibur

I have a '78 chinook newport. The stock shag carpet is toast, and needs to be replaced desperately (and it smells of wet dog, to boot). I am debating on removing it, sanding the wood flooring, and rolling on a roll-on rubberized bedliner (herculiner). I can then use cheap throw rugs to warm up the floor, and it would all be very easy to clean. We like to boondock most of the time, and pine needles/sand/dirt tend to get inside in decent quantities. Something I could just sweep out would be great. Laminate seems like an awful lot of work for this tiny area, and I'm not sure it would wear all that well. Vinyl glue-on is another option, but I'm not sure how much floor prep would be required to make it look decent.

Anyone done this? Pros and cons?

Any concern about toxic fumes? What is this stuff made of and will it cause problems in an enclosed area?

Most certainly toxic when applied. When cured, I don't believe so. This stuff is used all the time on the inside of car floorboards to make a easy to clean, durable, non-slip surface. The plan would be apply it with all windows open, and let it cure 1-2 weeks before using the camper again (with windows open for ventilation).

Any concern about toxic fumes? What is this stuff made of and will it cause problems in an enclosed area?

I got a large remnant of vinyl flooring at Lowes. Laid it down over a piece of ply. Looks good, sweeps easily, its one piece so no problem with water getting in the cracks.

I got a large remnant of vinyl flooring at Lowes. Laid it down over a piece of ply. Looks good, sweeps easily, its one piece so no problem with water getting in the cracks.

I preped the floor with a sealant and used vinyl squares. Just sweep it clean, with throw rugs over.

I did the inside of my 4runner from front to back with RHINO LINER. Two days later no problem. The real stuff is worth its weight in gold. I did the complete outside of the same 4runner using the roll on bed liner but I got a spray gun off ebay and used it. Having the spray gun smooths it out a lot better. If you will be in and out a lot get the rhino liner or line-x. It will last a lot longer.