I have been to 4 different refill stations, and the most LP gas they put in my 20lb tank is 11 lbs. claiming this is full?, Price is secondary, I dont like running out so frequently? has any one else had this problem, and or a fix?

My 30# fixed tank will only fill to 75/80% before it starts to vent liquid the most I have ever put in it is about 5 gallons and it was flat empty.

If you are not in a hurry for hot water the pilot light will heat the water over night. I can make it a whole season on one tank at least until it gets cold and I have to run the heat.

I found out the hard way that LP tanks are made in versions for horizontal use and vertical use. I bought an 87 Dolphin this spring. The LP tank was a 20 lb from a gas grill and therefore for vertical use. But it only fit in horizontally. There was a very long hose; apparently the previous owner set the tank out on the ground before using it. I wanted to run the refrig while driving so shopped for a horizontal tank. I found 20lb with guage for $199 or 30lb with guage for $209. For only $10 difference I got the 30lb, but it was an extremely tight fit. I had to glue a mirror on the wall of the compartment to read the guage. Screwing the hose onto the tank is also very difficult because of the guard on the end of the tank. Note: the owners manual for the 87 Dolphin says the original LP tank was 5 gallon which would be a 25 lb tank.

• 2 months later...

I sometimes confuse the pounds and gallons when doing LP. The most my tank has ever got in it was 11 gallons and I thought it was a 10 gallon tank. As someonelse said, the pilot light keeps hot water, so that saves some gas. I find in the summer that one 10 gallon fill-up lasts about two months running the fridge full time and using the water heater and stove/oven daily. in the winter with the space heater on it lasts me a bit less than a month.