Off to Alaska

darrel

Were'r just about ready to go, probably may 15, thats our wedding anniversary. Grants pass, Or to Alaska & back. The trip route is not set in stone but this is the planned route - From here to eastern Washington north to Bc, to Prince George-bc, to Kitwanga-bc, Steward-bc, Hyder-Ak, to Watson Lake-Youkon Territory, to Whitehorse-YK, to Carmacks-YK, to Keno-YK, to Dawson City-YK, to Tok-AK, to Fairbanks-AK, another dead end road to the Artic Circle-AK, back to Fairbancks-Ak, to Anchorage-AK, to Homer-Ak, ferry to Kodiak Island-AK, ferry to Seward-Ak, got to see Whittier tunnel, ferry to Valdez-AK, back track to Haines Junction then to Haines-AK, ferry to Prince Ropert -BC, then home. 3 to 4 months, in a 1984 toyota Dolphin MOHO. Of course there will be lots of fishing-crabbing-oysters bear watching you get it OUTDOOR excitment. Darrel & Gun see you in Alaska

post-1172-12722075757764_thumb.jpg

Were'r just about ready to go, probably may 15, thats our wedding anniversary. Grants pass, Or to Alaska & back. The trip route is not set in stone but this is the planned route - From here to eastern Washington north to Bc, to Prince George-bc, to Kitwanga-bc, Steward-bc, Hyder-Ak, to Watson Lake-Youkon Territory, to Whitehorse-YK, to Carmacks-YK, to Keno-YK, to Dawson City-YK, to Tok-AK, to Fairbanks-AK, another dead end road to the Artic Circle-AK, back to Fairbancks-Ak, to Anchorage-AK, to Homer-Ak, ferry to Kodiak Island-AK, ferry to Seward-Ak, got to see Whittier tunnel, ferry to Valdez-AK, back track to Haines Junction then to Haines-AK, ferry to Prince Ropert -BC, then home. 3 to 4 months, in a 1984 toyota Dolphin MOHO. Of course there will be lots of fishing-crabbing-oysters bear watching you get it OUTDOOR excitment. Darrel & Gun see you in Alaska

Wow what an itinerary! You should come across lots of great wildlife along the way. Hope you will be able to come to the May 15th rally at the Steamboat Rock State Park. My friend Val and I are looking forward to take our first RV trip across the boarder to attend.

Christine

• 2 weeks later...

Wow what an itinerary! You should come across lots of great wildlife along the way. Hope you will be able to come to the May 15th rally at the Steamboat Rock State Park. My friend Val and I are looking forward to take our first RV trip across the boarder to attend.

Christine

Yes we will be at the get together in Electric city on the 15th. The Dolphin is just about to burst and the yard looks good. We will be passing through your home town after the party. Leaving this afternoon, spending the first nite with my sister-in-law. Looking forward to meeting you an Val. Good times on your first road trip. Darrel

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, battery almost dead. we are in Stewert,bc 1800 miles so far. beautiful country. Darrel & Gun

Quick update, battery almost dead. we are in Stewert,bc 1800 miles so far. beautiful country. Darrel & Gun

Darrel: Waited for you and Gun to visit us in Kelowna on your way through Kelowna. Guess that you wanted to get on with your journey.

Lots of miles covered already! Looking forward to regular updates.

Christine and Val.

Edited by christine

• 3 weeks later...

Darrel: Waited for you and Gun to visit us in Kelowna on your way through Kelowna. Guess that you wanted to get on with your journey.

Lots of miles covered already! Looking forward to regular updates.

Christine and Val.

Christine, Val, Sandy & Earl, Dave: W e are having the time of our lives. Are now sitting in a camp ground in Nenana, Ak, headed toward Anchorage. Have traveled about 4200 miles with no problems except a broken headlite from a flying bolder. Loved Dawson City, would move if it didnt get so cold [up to 60 below]. Beautiful weather so far, very little rain. Mushroom pickers in the camp grounds, hundreds of pounds of morels. Will update when we have internet service. Darrel & Gun

• 4 months later...

Christine, Val, Sandy & Earl, Dave: W e are having the time of our lives. Are now sitting in a camp ground in Nenana, Ak, headed toward Anchorage. Have traveled about 4200 miles with no problems except a broken headlite from a flying bolder. Loved Dawson City, would move if it didnt get so cold [up to 60 below]. Beautiful weather so far, very little rain. Mushroom pickers in the camp grounds, hundreds of pounds of morels. Will update when we have internet service. Darrel & Gun

Darrel,

No updates on your long trip since June. Hopefully you are still checking the forum occasionally. Would like to hear you arrived back home safely.

We originally wanted to travel across Canada from B.C. to Ontario, but thought perhaps it was a bit too far (round trip) for both the little Warrior and for us too.

Ron 'n Sue

Vancouver Island, B.C.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't posted anything since we got home. Guess I was just lazy. Had a million things to do when we got home and then all of a sudden here it is Christmas. Arrived at the homestead on 8-30 and have not stopped. We were gone for about 105 days 10,070 miles total, plus lots of Alaska marine highway miles, 17.5 MPG, only one incident the alternator quit while in Anchorage, Easy fix though. Would do the road trip again IT WAS FABULIOUS. :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp: That many thumbs up and more. Haven't got next years trip planned out, would like to go the Mardi Gras in march, but my wife isn't to keen on that. She wants to go to Newfoundland , that's a long haul." Ron & Sue your thought of BC to Ontario,, if you have the time and want to do it -do it-for you will in the end will wish you would have don it." What a tong twister. Any way rour rig is up to it. Darrel

Darrel,

No updates on your long trip since June. Hopefully you are still checking the forum occasionally. Would like to hear you arrived back home safely.

We originally wanted to travel across Canada from B.C. to Ontario, but thought perhaps it was a bit too far (round trip) for both the little Warrior and for us too.

Ron 'n Sue

Vancouver Island, B.C.

Thanks for the reply, Darrell.

We have a '92Toyota Winnebago Warrior with 56,000 km. (35,000 mi.).

Still trying to get up the nerve to do the Vancouver. to Toronto trip next summer. People there are anxious for us to come. Especially my daughter who will be getting married Yet Again! and would love for us to attend. We would plan on leaving early August and coming home late September. Approx. 5,000 miles one way, as we have to travel in Canada.

Questions:

1) What sort of things would you recommend we do before we go, maintenance wise?

2) What kind of mileage per day did you prefer?

That trip to Newfoundland would be fabulous! Cooler than Louisiana though. I've only been as far as Prince Edward Island and that was years ago towing a tent trailer and four kids! Highly recommend the east coast.

Suzanne & Ron