1992 itasca spirit will be salvaged

DanAatTheCape

my 92 spirit was totaled recently, geico moved it to a auto auction / salvage near burlington vt where i presume it will be auctioned in the future.

since my injuries where (are) quite severe, we are just starting to negotiate settlement.

the wreck was a collision with the rear of a tractor trailer - impact on camper just behind driver side front wheel - i have broke leg and pelvis.

i think the place is insurance auto auction in essex, vt.

regrsd dan

my 92 spirit was totaled recently, geico moved it to a auto auction / salvage near burlington vt where i presume it will be auctioned in the future.

since my injuries where (are) quite severe, we are just starting to negotiate settlement.

the wreck was a collision with the rear of a tractor trailer - impact on camper just behind driver side front wheel - i have broke leg and pelvis.

i think the place is insurance auto auction in essex, vt.

regrsd dan

Wow hate to hear that. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Dan,

So sorry to hear about your accident. I know it had to be scary. I pray you have a comfortable and speedy recovery. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Shanda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan.

How heart breaking to hear of your accident. Glad to know you are on the mend. God speed your recovery. Please do keep in touch.

Tudy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan - very sorry to hear about the accident. Here's a question for you. If you were driving a motorhome based on the Sprinter chasis and had the misfortune to have the same accident - do you feel you would have more or less injuries compared to the Toy? I just want to get a comparison of newer technology vs old for driver safety.

Dan - very sorry to hear about the accident. Here's a question for you. If you were driving a motorhome based on the Sprinter chasis and had the misfortune to have the same accident - do you feel you would have more or less injuries compared to the Toy? I just want to get a comparison of newer technology vs old for driver safety.

I am sure he has tested both in crash tests, ask the sprinter chassis and coach builders that question.

Anyhow Dan, sorry to hear about the misfortune. Hope your doing better.

• 1 month later...

I am sure he has tested both in crash tests, ask the sprinter chassis and coach builders that question.

Anyhow Dan, sorry to hear about the misfortune. Hope your doing better.

I slid into the back of a semi - I was cocked at about a 45 degree angle so the bumper of the semi crushed the driver's door. My better half was sitting beside me & she was able to walk away with bruising, black eye & a really sore shoulder. post-1354-12708502439989_thumb.jpg

They had to cut the steering wheel up to get my leg out. I wonder if I had not try to steer way and hit the semi head on if I would have been better off.

In case any one is curious, I had Geico insurance and they have been very good to work with. They paid off promptly on the total loss, the PIP, the trip interruption and I have asked them to wait on the contents as we are still remembering items.

Wow!

Dan, you and your better half were extremely lucky you're still here. That was a nasty crash. No motorhome regardless of size can stand up to a crash with a semi. Usually the demise of the Toys are semis smashing into the rear of the motorhome due to the slow speed. Glad GEICO treated you great, I've had all of my vehicles insured by them for several decades and have never had a problem with them on any claim.

Was snow a factor in your crash? I had good forward traction in snow with my Sunrader due to the weight and the duals, but had no front end control when the brakes were applied causing the front to start sliding sideways, thus no more driving in the snow with the Toy for me unless it is an extreme emergency.

Are you getting another motorhome?

Allen

• 4 months later...

Wow!

Dan, you and your better half were extremely lucky you're still here. That was a nasty crash. No motorhome regardless of size can stand up to a crash with a semi. Usually the demise of the Toys are semis smashing into the rear of the motorhome due to the slow speed. Glad GEICO treated you great, I've had all of my vehicles insured by them for several decades and have never had a problem with them on any claim.

Was snow a factor in your crash? I had good forward traction in snow with my Sunrader due to the weight and the duals, but had no front end control when the brakes were applied causing the front to start sliding sideways, thus no more driving in the snow with the Toy for me unless it is an extreme emergency.

Are you getting another motorhome?

Allen

just got a winnie warrior. snow? -- more like the ice under it.