Hi All--

I copied this from eh J C Enterprises website. They claim that a 1mm oversized valve will increase power by 35-40 hp--does this sound right? others say that this is only relevant in racing apps (i.e., very high-6k--rpms). JC also rec. n HD "towing cam" to boost low end pulling. Also wondering about the HD after-market casting claim...

The whole package--new high perf. head + towing cam, w/gaskets, will run $425.00--is this worth getting?

Brand NEW 22RE Toyota High Performance cylinder head. This head fits 22RE engines carb. or FI, 1985 - 1995 with the pear shaped ports. If you're looking to increase the power in your truck this is the ticket. Head is an aftermarket casting, much thicker and more heavy duty than the original factory casting. BEST PRICE, BEST QUALITY ON THE NET!

Valve job / performed on Serdi or Sunnen machine
    All machine work performed on the latest state of the art equipment

Head has high performance valve springs
    Head has 4 new one piece forged oversized stainless steel intake vavles

Head has 4 new one piece forged oversized stainless steel exhaust valves
    Head is assembled with new valve seals

Head is ready for you to install your choice of cam shaft

35-40 hp wishful thinking. 1 mm - .039" "Head is an aftermarket casting, much thicker and more heavy duty than the original factory casting". Don't know what that means longer head bolts needed? different chain? sounds Chinese to me. Stick with what you got good blend of power and torque if you are looking for high HP you had better be thinking about the bottom end of the engine also. Just about any performance small displacement engine makes high HP with high RPM so in order to take advantage of the higher RPM you would have to gear your MH lower. Personally if I could do any thing to mine it would be a diesel and a 6 speed.

Hi All--

I'm including the Ebay item # for J C Enterprises (they seem to be only an Ebay store), and the link to Engine Builders:

http://www.engnbldr.com/

Ebay: 350274743594

Both claim to bed New Zeland castings, so I'm leaning toward going with the Ebay item, since it is about $60.00 cheaper, even with shipping and core charge (if I don't return the core), and more like $100.00 ceaper w/core return. Some advice?

Thanks