I have a '93 Sea Breeze with 88000 miles. When I am going very slowly and crank the wheel all the way right or left it makes a weird cracking sound. Rig has new tires and shocks. Any ideas? Cures?

Thanks

Mike

I'm going to guess what you are hearing is the steering stop rubbing the control arm. Usually they will do that when you go over a dip with the wheel turned hard right or left. It is not a problem and it won't hurt any thing just sounds like the wheel is going to fall off. The stops had a plastic cover on them when they were new but it's probably long gone. Have a look underneath at the lower control arm and you'll see a shiney spot dab a little grease on the shiney spot and see if it goes away it won't last but at least you will know.

Sounds like the suspension is being bent and ripped off by Godzilla? Mine does that also, so did my 82 toy pickup. The 86 4x4 with independant suspension did not make that noise.

Yeah that's the noise. I think the 4X4's having taller suspension are less likely to do it.

.....AAAAHHHHhhhhhhh ........ much more relaxed now knowing it isn't the bowels of the machine ripping out. I will plan my turns a bit better.

Thanks,

Mich