Welcome to Santa Cruz or Hows your wind resistance?

desertrat

I saw this truck around the Aptos Safeway the other day. I love this guy. If its the same guy who had the station wagon, then the mannequin has a rope attached to one of its arm and would wave when the guy jerked on the rope. I'm almost certain this is the same guy.

That is so cool!!! My fav.....The Pink Ape.

I saw this truck around the Aptos Safeway the other day. I love this guy. If its the same guy who had the station wagon, then the mannequin has a rope attached to one of its arm and would wave when the guy jerked on the rope. I'm almost certain this is the same guy.

Its not the guy with the doll is it? Anyhow not sure where the station wagon went to but the motorhome has taken its place. I work in Aptos and have seen it many times, and yes the doll bounces up and down. Suprised they let him on the road with it.

Edited by Gulfstream Greg
doll is it

His name is Robert. It is the guy with the station wagon. The guy is a trip. Spoke to him about 10 minutes this morning while I took the photos. He switched the mannequin from the station wagon to the toyota rv recently and said this was the second toyota motorhome he's had. He said he loves this motorhome. Not sure about the monkey on the swing, was that one on the station wagon? He dressed the Mannequin up in a wedding dress and put "just married" on the motorhome.

This issue of full floating 1 ton axles has always been important to me as I based my purchase of my 1988 Horizon on this, and as I'm talking to him, I was eyeing his rear axle with suspicion hoping it would never come apart on such a nice guy. He's probably oblivious to the potential and I didn't feel comfortable bringing up the subject. I regret it, and next time I see him, I'll mention it to see if he's aware of the possibilities. It looked like there was some kind of protrusion from the center of the rear wheel, but it didn't have the 6 small bolts on it. It was more of a protruding cover. Robert is a self proclaimed "artist". You might remember the dog mounted on the hood of his first station wagon. He told me he pulled into the parking lot by cafe Rio and some dog jumped up on his hood and attacked the stuffed dog he had mounted there.

So 2 hits on Aptos people? I'll be watching for bajaduice and Greg. FYI, I live in Rio del Mar area. There are several toyota Motorhomes in the area. Do one of you guys happen to live on either Martin Drive or Sumner Drive? I have seen Toyotas on both.

If you see me in a Horizon with blue and tan stripes, stop and say Hi

Steve

Wow! You made contact! I like innovation and seeing ppl break out of the norm, but in a practical way. I'd be a boring person to talk to after you've chatted with him.

Ever see the "guy" on swift street with the aluminum UFO's made from VW's! We have friends that live next door to "her" (he has since had a sex change). If you see her in her mini skirt mowing the front lawn, don't be shy to talk to her about UFO's!

@ Toyota Motorhomes in Santa Cruz area:

I think SCruz must be the final resting place for old Toyota Mhomes or just a lot of tourists. I must have seen a hundred toyota campers just this year alone. Most of them are in pretty bad shape. You can tell who the tourists are vs. the locals. Tourist motorhomes are the ones I see on the Freeway not parked overnight at Safeway.

Ten bucks says our friend Bob doesn't drive that thing on the freeway. Speed limit on Soquel is 25-35! So I imagine his 5 lug axle will prob be fine. (tho his axle appears to be a floater from that one profile pic) How much could a stuffed animal weigh anyways? .... DRY at least for a few more months! :)

His name is Robert. It is the guy with the station wagon. The guy is a trip. Spoke to him about 10 minutes this morning while I took the photos. He switched the mannequin from the station wagon to the toyota rv recently and said this was the second toyota motorhome he's had. He said he loves this motorhome. Not sure about the monkey on the swing, was that one on the station wagon? He dressed the Mannequin up in a wedding dress and put "just married" on the motorhome.

This issue of full floating 1 ton axles has always been important to me as I based my purchase of my 1988 Horizon on this, and as I'm talking to him, I was eyeing his rear axle with suspicion hoping it would never come apart on such a nice guy. He's probably oblivious to the potential and I didn't feel comfortable bringing up the subject. I regret it, and next time I see him, I'll mention it to see if he's aware of the possibilities. It looked like there was some kind of protrusion from the center of the rear wheel, but it didn't have the 6 small bolts on it. It was more of a protruding cover. Robert is a self proclaimed "artist". You might remember the dog mounted on the hood of his first station wagon. He told me he pulled into the parking lot by cafe Rio and some dog jumped up on his hood and attacked the stuffed dog he had mounted there.

So 2 hits on Aptos people? I'll be watching for bajaduice and Greg. FYI, I live in Rio del Mar area. There are several toyota Motorhomes in the area. Do one of you guys happen to live on either Martin Drive or Sumner Drive? I have seen Toyotas on both.

If you see me in a Horizon with blue and tan stripes, stop and say Hi

Steve

He had the monkey in a swing on top of the station wagon. He would switch it out to other various things from time to time. His wife though has always been with him and you can tell she is always so excited as she is always jumping up and down in her seat. I remember the first toy now that you mention it, this one he has added some paint.

My home is Boulder Creek. But I work at Rio Del Mar Beach (actually Aptos) at the Rio Sands. We have our main office there. I see a Sunrader sitting on the side of a house (N SIDE) on Aptos Beach drive or maybe its spreckels.

For anyone interested I have a Beach Web Cam set up at the Rio Sands www.riodelmarbeachcam.com

Had to have two wisdom teeth taken out today and on the way down to Scotts Valley and back we saw 5 or 6 toyotas in yards.