sewer hose storage

lagreen

I have a 1993 Toyota Dolphin. It has a built in sewer hose storage container on the front drivers side. Unfortunately it doesn't really fit any of todays hoses (length) especially with the sewer connectors installed. Has anyone come up with something more practical in the way of storage. I keep it in the generator compartment right now but would like to put that space to better use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Barb

Mine lives inside the rear bumper.

Valterra makes sewer hose carriers in a number of sizes if you can find a suitable location to mount one.

http://www.valterra....se_carriers.htm

Mine lives inside the rear bumper.

I don't think her RV has a hose bumper sad.gif

Thanks for the feedback. I looked really hard at the rear bumper and I don't think I can make that work. Can't even mount a carrier on top of the bumper cause the spare is right there. I've looked at several locations to mount a hose carrier but it won't be really easy to get to. However it's not like ya gotta haul the thing out everyday. It looks like you have to take the 45 degree sewer hook up off the hose to use the carriers which I was hoping to avoid. The less I have to handle it the better IMO. sick.gif Maybe I'll throw the darn thing on the roofbiggrin.gif . Anyway time to put on the thinking cap and come up with a real solution.

Thanks

Barb

Thanks for the feedback. I looked really hard at the rear bumper and I don't think I can make that work. Can't even mount a carrier on top of the bumper cause the spare is right there. I've looked at several locations to mount a hose carrier but it won't be really easy to get to. However it's not like ya gotta haul the thing out everyday. It looks like you have to take the 45 degree sewer hook up off the hose to use the carriers which I was hoping to avoid. The less I have to handle it the better IMO. sick.gif Maybe I'll throw the darn thing on the roofbiggrin.gif . Anyway time to put on the thinking cap and come up with a real solution.

Thanks

Barb

I am sure you could fabricate something that would fasten it to the bolts that hold on the spare tire.

Do you have a hose bumper or does your Dolphin have a bumper like a Seabreeze (molded fiberglass/ABS)

Got a picture of what the back of your RV looks like (one that shows the bumper)?

Thanks Turtle,

The bumper is not a hose bumper. It's one of those molded ones. thumbdown.gif Maybe I can just figure a way to drape it over the spare put some lights on it and call it a wreath. It would be a good conversation starterthumbup.gif . I'll get it figured out eventually. Just thought I'd pick you guys brains a little.

Thanks

Barb

post-2880-12519547474033_thumb.jpg

I kind of figured I would be fabricating something out of PVC. The only worry I have about the bottom of the bumper is some of those steep entrance/exit driveways taking it right off. You know, the kind with all the trailer hitch gouges. There is some room in front of the bumper to attach something to the frame extensions. I just have to get the camper on level ground to see how hard it would be to reach. My driveway accomodatingly slopes downward just behind the rear wheels and right now looks easy to reach. I should go out this week and make the holder and then see where it will fit.

Thanks for all the input

Barb

You could clamp one of the Valterra hose carriers to your rear ladder. Mount it low and pull it out from the top (you don't want to pull the bottom plug out after you have used the hose a dozen or more times).

If all you need to do to get into the original compartment is change the fastener from angled to straight I would suggest that you do this and put it where National RV gave you a place for it.

There are all kinds of sewer hose couplings out there.

Turtle,

I gave that a try. The bayonet attachments are too wide to fit in there and the compartment is only 18" deep. I don't want to reconstruct the hose everytime I have to use it. (boy am I pickyblush.gif ) I might just go with a ladder attachment.

As always, thanks

Barb

There are cases where storage of the hose in the rear box bumper will rot them out.

I've seen people make holders out of PVC pipe with cap ends. Drill the cap ends through the PVC pipe on top to put a nail or cotter pin in so it won't fall off.

I have a 1993 Toyota Dolphin. It has a built in sewer hose storage container on the front drivers side. Unfortunately it doesn't really fit any of todays hoses (length) especially with the sewer connectors installed. Has anyone come up with something more practical in the way of storage. I keep it in the generator compartment right now but would like to put that space to better use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Barb