26 gallon tank gaskets

Yostfmx

Can I get the 3 gaskets that go on the top of the gas tank? and do I use sealant on the gaskets? or not?

Or do you have to just make a "sealant gaskets". And what sealant?

The one thats leaks is the middle one and has gas that contacts the gasket the whole time its running. I want to do it right cause I really never want to take out the tank again!

I have the oem tank gaskets. There are two of them one for the fuel pump and one for the gas guage sender. Does your tank use the OEM parts??

I have 3 on the top of the tank, sender (left side), gas return line (middle leaks), and 2 gas lines (right side) where the pump should be but my tank doesn't have a fuel pump in the tank.

On mine the return line is part of the fuel pump assembly.

Maybe try NAPA for some neoprene sheet and make a custom gasket. Get some at least .090 thick.

Thanks, I already made a custom paper gasket and used a lot of gas resistant gasket sealant on it, and JP welded a copper line on the inside of the mount so the gas will go in the tank not run up againt gasket to whole time its running. Bad design...

My 26 gal tank does NOT use a Toyota fuel pickup/pump. The opening on the top of the tank is ~ 4 1/2" dia, the ones I saw on the Toyotas at Pick-n-pull were all Much smaller, ~ 2 1/2" dia. The name tag is worn enough that I cannot see the manufacturer's name...

For your reference and easy retrieval; This should be the link to the thread above which is referred to by Allen / motoyhomme:

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=94&hl=" target="_blank">http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.ph...opic=94&hl=</a>