SUNRADERS

turiyahill

The only difference that I've been able to "see" is cosmetic. All models need regular maintenance, windows resealed occasionally, batteries charged, oil changed, engines checked.... The Sunrader has a 2 piece fiberglass shell. One piece is screwed down over the other so there are less places to spring potential leaks. (In Sadie's case, it also meant a smoother surface for me to paint. :) ) I think if you find a well maintained toy within your price range, you're gonna love it no matter what the model.

Happy Hunting,

shanda

Sunraders have lower ceilings and are narrower than others. Sunraders are less prone to leaks because they do not have side edge seams and the roof never leaks where as others can develop microscopic pin holes in their aluminum skinned roofs and the ones with the rubber roofs deteriorate and develop leaks. Sunraders have no framing, the fiberglass is the framing as where others usually have wood framing and a few have aluminum framing. Sunraders have no built in factory screen door. Sunrader showers are one piece fiberglass where most others are not. Sunraders have custom wrap around cab over windows, hard to find and replace where others have standard windows. So there are pros and con's for both.

The 18 ft sunraders all have the dinette in the rear and a shower toilet combo. The bigger units share floor plans such as couch on one side and dinette or captains chairs on the other side. There are a bunch of different floor plans for the bigger units.

Greg uploaded a Sunrader brochure that shows one years layout options. (Thank you again.)

The SkiBumMobile is a RS model that is nearly identical to the one on the top of page 3!

With all of the major heavy components located behind the rear wheels, I am imagining that the models with more centered weight would handle better on the road.

But I like having the couch behind the drivers seat instead of a cabinet or the toilet right behind my head, and they would also break up the expansiveness of the interior space.

Bella, my dog, would also miss being able to look out the front window as we drive. She loves the couch.

> Toyota Motorhome Forums > Gallery > Toyota Motorhomes Files & Manuals > Sunrader Classics Brochure

or

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/uploads/...1_48_201768.pdf

It's the "cool factor"......

If people think it is cool.... It must be :wub: