Ceiling Panels

Hey everyone,

I’m doing lots of small projects with my handy friends on my recent purchase of a Toy MH. Later this month my good friend who specializes in dry wall is going to help me install ceiling panels in my MH. He said maybe 1/4 plywood would do the trick but I was hoping to have something that’s smoother that would help it look nice and professional. Does anyone have suggestions for wood paneling for inside my MH? Links always help if you can provide one.

thank you,

N

1993 Toyota Warrior

IMG_8569.jpeg

IMG_8568.jpeg

Stay away from plywood, too heavy. You can use lauan board and put an frp panel over that. 

1 hour ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

Stay away from plywood, too heavy. You can use lauan board and put an frp panel over that. 

Ok awesome, I’ll be going to my local Home Depot to purchase Lauan board and frp paneling. Is there anything I can buy to put between 2 panels that meet so it looks flush?

thank you,

n

Yes in the same isle as the FRP they should have a few different corners/ transitions that will work

1 hour ago, linda s said:

I think this would look classy. Used by itself the weight is less than the combined weight of luan and FRP. 

7/32 in. x 48 in. x 96 in. White Nickel Gap Shiplap Panel WSP5548 - The Home Depot

Linda S

I like that! I might be sold on this. Is it relatively easy to remove cabinets in a toy MH? I’m looking to replace entire ceiling. 

Thank you,

n

I didn’t use Luan for the backside instead I put foam board and spray foam. Then FRP over it and screwed that to the studs etc. My goal was weight reduction and movement, these rigs get bounced around the road and from time to time I venture into the northern Maine woods on logging roads etc. 

IMG_2807.jpeg

IMG_2770.jpeg

62092723988__7DE2E688-22C4-485C-86BC-B9AE07E2BFFD.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing, I need to replace the sides and front, inside forward due to unseen water leakage. It's just a matter of finding cardboard to make a template, then thanks to your info finding the correct material. Not looking forward to it, but I know in the end it'll add value to the RV. Mine is an 89 model with a fuel injected six cylinder with 85 thousand original miles.