Hey everyone,

We recently bought a 1993 Toyota Winnebago Warrior. Today I just noticed our Toy is leaning more on the left side (sagging about one inch). I’m worried it might be the chassis but I’m not sure. It’s not noticeable inside the rv or while driving. I’m a bit bummed out that I didn’t notice it before purchasing as I would’ve perhaps walked away or talked down the price. 

How should I approach this issue? As of today I will not be driving our new MH until the issue is fixed. 

Any thoughts on what it might be or any pictures I should provide to give you a better idea of why it’s sagging? We just got brand new tires last week. Can this be an issue with the air bags?

thank you,

Nard

IMG_8574.jpeg

IMG_8573.jpeg

Edited by Nard_
Missing information

Pretty normal and doubtful that it’s the chassis or frame. There’s a lot of weight on these little trucks, springs get old/tired, and most rigs don’t have perfectly even weight distribution of appliances, furniture and equipment. 

Do you know how many psi are in the bags? If you have a separate left/right air bag setup, you can try adding more air to the low side, to even things out. Sometimes just loading up for a trip, filling the fresh water tank, etc. can cause the tilt you’re seeing.   

What tires did you go with, if you don’t mind?

You have air suspension bags under there. One of them needs more air. don't think it could be completely shot of it would be more noticeable.

Important to keep them inflated to a minimum pressure. Find the valves and inflate evenly. I would suggest 60 lbs pressure

Linda S

If the rig is only 1” tilted I’d say you’re doing good, old rigs aren’t ever going to be 100%. Buying them is easy now the fun of keeping them on the road starts. 

12 hours ago, Ctgriffi said:

Pretty normal and doubtful that it’s the chassis or frame. There’s a lot of weight on these little trucks, springs get old/tired, and most rigs don’t have perfectly even weight distribution of appliances, furniture and equipment. 

Do you know how many psi are in the bags? If you have a separate left/right air bag setup, you can try adding more air to the low side, to even things out. Sometimes just loading up for a trip, filling the fresh water tank, etc. can cause the tilt you’re seeing.   

What tires did you go with, if you don’t mind?

Hey,

I have Nexen tires 185R14C. I had to go to 3 tire shops, the first tire shop was Costco and they just didn’t carry them anymore, the 2nd was American Tires in SoCal and they had no clue what tire to put on. So, I went to a small shop and they had some in stock. What’s your thoughts on these tires? When I bought the MH the owner was trying to say the tires were still good because of the tread. I had to tell him they’re old and need to be replaced so I talked down the price a little. 

thanks,

N

4 hours ago, MaineJed said:

If the rig is only 1” tilted I’d say you’re doing good, old rigs aren’t ever going to be 100%. Buying them is easy now the fun of keeping them on the road starts. 

Thank you for the info! I feel like I have a new a new hobby of up keeping my new rig. It’s been so fun though! I’m learning new crafts and trying my best to maintain the engine. So far I ordered a thermostat, cooling system w/ water pump, timing belt & component kit, and a upper and lower radiator hose. I thought this would be a start and I’m in the process of resealing roof and windows this Summer as our rain is pretty much done. 

Should I replace anything else in my engine? I ordered red coolant as well.

thank you,

N

12 hours ago, linda s said:

You have air suspension bags under there. One of them needs more air. don't think it could be completely shot of it would be more noticeable.

Important to keep them inflated to a minimum pressure. Find the valves and inflate evenly. I would suggest 60 lbs pressure

Linda S

great thank you! I’m going to try that today! I appreciate the help. I have a lot of questions but I’m going to post one question at a time as I’ve seen some pretty long posts and I only can work on one thing at a time on our rig. Or do you think I should work on 1 long post and ask my question all in one central post? 

thank you,

N

7 hours ago, Nard_ said:

I have Nexen tires 185R14C. I had to go to 3 tire shops...

I'm sure they're fine/good. I ran Nexen SV820 tires for 8+ years and only recently bought a set of Thunderer Ranger tires (still need to get 'em mounted). 185R14 is an unusual and rare size as you found out! I think lots of us will a) buy these tires through Walmart and get them mounted in-store OR b) just source the tires ourselves online and then find a local shop to mount. Reason being: it's usually much cheaper, not to mention most modern tire shops aren't used to dealing with these rigs and know less about 'em than we do.