4 wheel drive toyota rv

noreegalaba

hello out there... i am looking for a used (obviously) toy rv that is 4 wheel drive. does anyone have experience with these for winter camping??? i need advice and recommendations as i want to do some winter camping and may experience below zero temps??? should i even attempt this???

also, does anyone know where i can get a good used generator???

thanks so much,

newbie noreen

With proper planing Winter camping is possible. I've camped at -15.

4WD is another story there were about 30 something 4WD Toys made and maybe 18 or so left.

The 4x4 machines are extremely hard to find. There were actually 3 for sale this year (rare to see), one of them being mine. Sold it a few months ago. There is one still for sale http://www.toyotamotorhome.org/classifieds...ng.php?view=591 You could actually go for several years without seeing one for sale. The link I just gave you is for a V6 model. The Sunraders I do not believe had any V6 models at all, only the 4 cyl 22r carburetor and fuel injected. There were also I believe 3 turbo 4 cyl produced, one of those was the one I sold. Another turbo seems to have had the turbo engine removed and the 3rd is believed to have been wrecked.

Greg, one more time... You sold your Turbo because _________________.

A. You needed less power.

B. Yours was too well fixed up and you needed a project, something to do.

C. You now have 5 kids and no longer fit in the 18'er.

D. ?????????????????

Greg, one more time... You sold your Turbo because _________________.

A. You needed less power.

B. Yours was too well fixed up and you needed a project, something to do.

C. You now have 5 kids and no longer fit in the 18'er.

D. ?????????????????

Well, we wanted something with more stretch room. I loved the 4x4 and turbo. We just took an overnighter with the grandson (6 yr old in 3 days) and having the extra room was really nice. I will have to say the V6 does not seem to have as much power as the 4 cyl turbo but then again the gulfstream is probably much heavier. We bought a fixer upper and WOW has it been a project. Starting to see the daylight though at the end of the tunnel. Got some minor projects to take care of but its trip ready now. So in a way the answer would be B, C and D.