batteries engine and camper size

I recently purchased a 1986 toyota escaper mtr home, automatic 4 cylinder engine. No one I've contacted has been able to tell me the exact size batteries that should be installed in the engine compartment and the rear camper compartment. Does anyone have this info ? Thanks

Any place that sells name batteries should be able to get you the battery for truck, you just have to make sure it fits and does not hit the hood. The coach battery needs to be a deep cycle the bigger the better, I would run at least a 115 amp hour size 27, I believe they also make size 31.

Any place that sells name batteries should be able to get you the battery for truck, you just have to make sure it fits and does not hit the hood. The coach battery needs to be a deep cycle the bigger the better, I would run at least a 115 amp hour size 27, I believe they also make size 31.

When I purchased the mtrhome the there was a deep cycle 31 series battery in engine compartment and regular auto battery in coach compartment,so this is backwards ?

I recently purchased a 1986 toyota escaper mtr home, automatic 4 cylinder engine. No one I've contacted has been able to tell me the exact size batteries that should be installed in the engine compartment and the rear camper compartment. Does anyone have this info ? Thanks
Let me guess. You asked the folks something like "What size battery do I need for a 1986 Toyota Escaper Motorhome?"

And they probably tried to look it up and found out quickly that there is no listing for any Toyota motorhomes.

To get the right engine battery (or any part for tha matter), you need to have them look up a 1986 Toyota RN Pickup.

As far as the coach battery, it depends on your electrical usage. One group 27 deep cycle battery is a bare minimum. Should have two connected in parallel.

Also note: do not be fooled by "marine starting" or "deep cycle/starting." If it says "starting" anywhere, this is not a true deep cycle battery! It is a hybrid battery which is a comprimise between the two. It's a battery that you do not want. You want a real-deal deep cycle battery.

Group 31 is a fairly heavy battery most likely at least 120 ah you should be fine as long as its deep cycle for your coach. Mine is a 31 been in service in two different units for over 4 years with no problems.

Measure the coach battery box to see how big will fit. Arm yourself with those numbers when shopping around.

Something to consider, if your main stereo system is your dash stereo consider re wireing it so that it is powered from the coach battery instead.

If room is a problem for the coach battery, the size 29 is only 1/4 inch longer than the size 27 and has much more capacity.