Fixing up 1984 toyota dolphin

Dylan McKnight

Hey there,

I wanted to share some exciting news with you all. I've decided to undertake a project that's been on my mind for a while now. I'm going to fix up my 1984 Toyota Dolphin i got from my aunt recently. I've been reading through the forum and found most of the advice I've needed. But I just want to double-check before I buy the parts. I need a new front bumper and have found some online here: https://www.carparts.com/details/Toyota/Pickup/Replacement/1984-1986/KIT-110916-44.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=20262085678&&&gclid=CjwKCAjwnOipBhBQEiwACyGLugJLH7puTCnJOdbLiU3qK9rg9UZMgT1GgSAtHtUiogjK_mQ7kevmGhoCvyYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I wasn't sure if this would fit. It looks the same, but I'm kind of concerned it won't fit on the mounting brackets. I'm not sure if the Dolphin's brackets are different from other Toyota pickups.

IMG_0880.HEIC

hi. i have an 84 dolphin too. the truck part is just a toyota p.u. so that bumper will fit although it came with a chrome bumper.   

what model do you have . mine is a 700-  rear bed

Great I have a 1989 p.u. also. i thought it would be the same someone told me that I may need different mounting brackets so i was just wondering. I also have a 84 700 rear bed, the table and chairs got replaced with bench seat. im repainting the inside when im done I will post photos. I also found this on ebay but I think it a year is to early... https://www.ebay.com/itm/155857589289?hash=item2449d61429:g:lRAAAOSwvaVlFJ8E&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0DRqY5Wq%2F9V7OoQMfy3DflVlGaVI8c6KdhKEAnQfBzYB4BYzocWMFgBtrT57YTvkbfT9vZzxKw1DLSSICFz8gsBm9fu2DHOhu7CJgVzUNv3svnG1UcO8u0NWFdjy%2FbFvNhJ0HfMGcfWnRzQBHV6nw6Ii0R0INNRIwl4f5OLCrCqu1gEJbGRlRMg%2BgM0as0kpVbldp41HL21AzKErbkQ21oho%2FLV9H7DB7%2BhlZsxt%2F24W22iBV3B75w723WENFQobuf9b8pmcpFBSRk0PrAKLquI%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-Cy38vvYg

Ill probably go with the one off of car parts, I dont know if im am over thinking this but when I looked up the bumper brackets they look diffrent then mine https://www.ebay.com/itm/403363224102

i think you need to look at the decal under the hood for year model. this can be listed as a 84 as it may have first sold that year, but it looks like a 83 cab

Check your rear axle. Should have 6 lug nuts holding the rear wheels on.

If only 5 lug nuts the axle is unsafe and needs to be upgraded.