With older vehicles its only a matter of time as seals succomb to physics. If you live in a cold climate, fall temps and old, hard oil seals make this happen this time of year, also. Then leaks stop in the hot months.  Just a thought. You might try to isolate the leak location. But I wouldnt do a short oil change over it - synthetic will begin to clean accumulated grundge and its better for the old girl.  Next time try Shell Rotella Syn which has a reputation for NOT leaking.

I will observe how it will develop. I had the oil dripping issues in the hot months.

BTW, a lot of oils I'm looking at say Diesel Engine Oil. Does this mean I'm looking at the wrong one or would one that says Diesel engine still work?

Diesel is a more demanding application for motor oil, so it will have more additives to counter that and protect bearings.  It's also a dirtier environment, so it will have stronger detergents that will also do a better job in a gasoline engine.  So, its a step up for your gasoline engine.  In fact the Rotella I mentioned is also rated for the more demanding diesel environment and I've been using Rotella for 15 years in both LandCruisers and an 88 Supra I since sold.