Have a 1987 automatic sunrader and I heard one of the best performance mods to make overdrive useable is to put in 4.88 gearing into the rear differential. I've kept an eye on ebay, but haven't seen much come up. Anyone have any leads on where we could get a 4.88 third member? Are there alternate keywords that i can search which would fit our vehicles? Thanks

I don't think ABS affects anything, I swapped in a 4.88 from a 94 4runner with abs and I just cut the wires at the sensor and had the shop put the gears in. I believe anything from 85-95 with work for the 3rd member but not positive about the year spread. Any pickup or 4 runner 3rd member should work. 

I found this page useful for locating a used 3rd member and making sure it would work

https://lcengineering.com/toyota-4x4-gears-and-differentials/

There used to be a wonderful junkyard in Denver called the Yota Yard but unfortunately they have gone out of business. You might try calling LC Engineering and asking them where to source a used 3rd member, when I was at yota yard looking for one last year I called em up and they talked me through how to identify what I need on the spot. Very helpful guys. 

And the 4.88 upgrade made a world of difference, overdrive actually works!!