Paint Job/ exterior remodel 85' dolphin

I'm like almost done with my project. White automotive paint, black accents. I put clear corner lenses and smoke clearance lights. New perfect matching Tail lights that already had black frames. Blacked out the Wheels, ladder and rack, grill, and bumpers. Semi truck mirrors with the mounting brackets painted black. (might paint the back of the mirror still) White lens front blinkers with progressive flashers that fill out like the new mustangs. All new roof vents. When I started the project I stripped all the caulking and sealant and prepped for paint then painted and caulked and sealed over so when I refresh my caulking It wont pull the paint off. I used lexcel bright white which matched my paint PERFECTLY. seriously looks like I painted over it. Black insert in the screw trim and black screw trim caps. MRF 195 14 tires. Raptor Bedliner painted step. for the porch light I have a white Liesure LED 8.5x9.5 light that covers the hole for the old lighted pull but I can't bring myself to put it on since I went to black hatches so I ordered the same one in black. I also have a new black freshwater hatch on the way that I expect to have to trim the camper to get to fit. I will also be re painting the hot water hatch black. I'm really stoke with the way it looks rite now. It's been a ton of work but I'm happy with the results and will be stoked to take it out next summer.

20230924_103605.jpg

20230924_103525.jpg

20230923_170638.jpg

20230924_103546.jpg

Wanted to add a Before and a couple In progress pics. And a couple cars that I painted in the past. still have the black one I've had it 18 years. Told myself I'd never paint another impala or full size car again Because how big the panels are and how hard it is to get them flat... So of course I went even Bigger and did the dolphin. Luckily next few up are smaller, A 71 El Camino, 73 challenger, and 72 Chevy pickup

2-25-23 5487.jpg

20230701_160832.jpg

20230704_201432.jpg

3.jpg

2-25-23 9258.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Like the color scheme and it turned out great.  Seems like you know your way around auto painting?  I'm thinking of doing a roll and tip technique on mine as I do not know how to paint.

2 minutes ago, IdahoDoug said:

Like the color scheme and it turned out great.  Seems like you know your way around auto painting?  I'm thinking of doing a roll and tip technique on mine as I do not know how to paint.

Its really all prep work. it took weeks to get the caulking all off and sanded. Months really since I only worked on it weekends and after work. had it painted in a couple days. i re caulked after I painted so i could remove and re apply as needed without harming the paint. the lexel bright white was amazingly close in both color and gloss to the paint I used which was great. I've seen that alot of people roll paint on and they all seem pretty haply with the results. I just wanted a hot rod paint job so i went all in. I did skimp a little on the white paint though. I just used NAPA industrial acrylic enamel by the gallon. couldnt bring myself to spend thousands on the paint I usually buy for cars in the amount i needed for the dolphin. I've painted a few trucks with the NAPA paint and it always comes out lookin pretty darn good and buffs out pretty shiny for what it is.