Question about turn signal ground, 1990 Warrior

kyleh

My 1990 Winnebago Warrior just lost the right rear turn signal.  Bulb replaced, (single contact), flasher replaced, fuses good. Gotta be the ground.  Does anyone know where this circuit might be grounded...to frame?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

got a test light? point on the center contact, touch the aligator clip to the mounting screw, ground wire connection,  or scratch the paint under the light to check for power

Thanks Extech...I took the whole light assembly apart...we'll touch on that in a minute.

The three light assembly (rt rear),has tail/brake at right, turn signal at center and back-up at left. Each light has an aluminum plate behind the bulb. These plates are bridged together by a small metal strap, riveted to each plate. Ground comes in at the tail/brake and is bridged in turn to center, (turn) and back-up at left. The turn signal and back-up are not funtioning, (lighting), although I test power and flash, (varying amps),coming to bulb receptical for the turn signal.

Ok, as far as the light assembly removal. I am learning very quickly that the 33 year old parts on this Winnebago are brittle or deteriorated or rusted or disintegrated or simply missing.  In the process of working on this vehicle...I'm learning to take it slow and NEVER force things, or it WILL break. The light assembly is still intact, but I had to figure a way to get the 8 screws to re-seat. I made some two sided metal clips and slipped these onto the exterior siding, so I had metal in front and behind the original holes. Then drilled some small pilot holes so the screws had something to bite into. Then I sealed the whole assembly against moisture intrusion with elastomeric caulking, (probably was premature in this, because I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the signal light problem).

Frustrated!

so take a piece of wire and connect it to the ground at the brake light. other end to outer connection to t.s. bulb.  flash?

Rivets!!!

Rivets holding the bridge connections between the lights have rusted and compromised the connectivity. 

The fix; new "bridge" wires installed, (see photo).

20230921_172131.jpg.21ae9ef0d5ec796d8fee6e7d2da6b981.jpg

just got LED replacement lights on amazon. black housing to match my rig. installing tomorrow Boy i tell you i am frothing at the mouth to see those and smoked clear lense clearance lights on there. long as you got em out why not throw some sweet LED ones in there