how to remove toilet flange from tank?

Anyone replaced/removed toilet flange from tank before? I'm replacing floor and would like the 3/4 ply to sit under flange to provide support. It was just screwed to rigid insulation. I cant get flange off. I dont want to remove tank. Need to find missing anchor nut and try putting toilet back on and try removing again with leverage. Thanks for any help!

After removing the screws that hold the flange to the floor (6 I beleive) , I was able to pry it up with a pry bar.

It wasn't easy , and I had to work my way around it to get it to come off.

They use some real gummy stuff to seal these so you may need to work at it a bit.

I ended up putting the flange back in using regular plumbers pipe dope , in case I ever had to remove it again. I DID end up doing this , as I ended up turning the flange 15-20 degrees , so the toilet would be at a little bit of an angle too. It just made it a little easier to use the toilet like this rather than it facing straight forward (mine is a rear bathroom Winnie).

Might be something you may want to consider......

Does anyone know if I MAY run into any problems using the pipe dope (versus the sealant) ? Maybe I need to re-think or re-do this before I run into problems ??

I just put this in last Fall and have not used the camper yet this year.

My 86 Escaper has the flange glued to the tank.

Can you find a flange with a slightly smaller pipe and put it inside yours?

Sorry if I gave you bad advice !!

But , I was able to (gently) pry my flange up after removing the screws...

Maybe I should have been more specific and said GENTLY pry it and work your way around it.

But , it kinda sounds like yours was not "glued" in with the same gummy stuff mine was.

I still feel bad (if) I gave you bad advice.

No not bad advice at all Chairman. I just realized it had to be removed from below which wasn't going to happen at that moment so break off i had to. I'll try looking for smaller pipe flange.

thanks