Sunrader waste water tank drains

styxplo

How are the black and grey water tank drains plumbed on Sunraders. Mine are seperate with the black tank being the normal slide gate valve with the hose attachment, but my grey tank is just a 1-1/2” piece of pipe with a cap pushed on it. IMG_6561.jpeg.bc3857552fc7d76b6ca58bf889414bfb.jpeg

Behind that small cap, doesn't the grey tank pipe connect to the larger one? Should be a 1 1/2 inch valve there somewhere. You empty the big poopy valve then you open the smaller valve so grey water can rinse the poopy out. See if you can show pic of pipe behind small cap

Linda S

Somone added frame extensions on the back there. I assume you have a big box in the back? Maybe they messed up the piping then

O boy a previous owner strikes again!!!

MAYBE you can loosen the hose clamps and remove the whole mess. If you get a valve and some adapters you can install the valve and adapt it to a drain hose coupler, but then you would have to move the drain hose from one to the other. Thats a PIA

The best way is to redo both tanks so that you only have to use one hose. Move the valve you have closer to the tank and install a t adapter after it for the small drain.  Then the hose coupler. You would also need a small control valve for the gray tank. 

All the pices and parts should be at your local rv parts place.

Good luck

Look on the grey water side of the black tank drain. Did they block a hole there? If so you could drill it back out and connect the grey tank adding a 1 1/2 inch valve along the path for grey tank. Then you could flush the way I explained. If not new waste drains are in order. Replace black drain with this.

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_Waste_Valves-pt-Double_Waste_Valve_~_Manual-pm-Valterra.aspx

Run grey tank pipes to 1 1/2 inch side opening. ABS is very easy to work with and the glue seals perfectly.  Just rinse black tank thoroughly before you start

Linda S 

9 hours ago, linda s said:

Replace black drain with this.

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_Waste_Valves-pt-Double_Waste_Valve_~_Manual-pm-Valterra.aspx

Run grey tank pipes to 1 1/2 inch side opening. ABS is very easy to work with and the glue seals perfectly.  Just rinse black tank thoroughly before you start

Linda S 

Best idea yet.

Many years ago truck dumped load of wood in front of me and I couldn't avoid it. Took out my black tank valve and the side of my black tank. Watched a lot of YouTube videos and fixed it. I had never done any abs work before. So 15 years later it has never leaked and still works perfectly.  Just do it

Linda S