1991 Toyota Winnie Toy

I would 1st thing checking the roof & windows for leaks.

The V6 has comments about head gasket leaks which most were taken care off by a recall.

The mileage you mentioned is really low should be in good shape.

Mine is the same model with 87000 miles and still going strong.

How does it handle in the mountains or pulling a boat or small car ?

The V6 has comments about head gasket leaks which most were taken care off by a recall.

Yours has "Toy" on it and no other name...? What years were these made and are they unique in any way?

I have one. The rear air bags are a Rube Goldberg installation by Winny. Check to see if they hold air. They only have about a ten year life span. I replaced mine with booster springs.

Don't tow. It's at it's limit. Use the Electronic Transmission Control on mountains or the tranny will hunt. You can feather the rear axle ring gear if there's too much pressure on it.

Check the shower stall for leakage. It's not the best installation. Also check the holding tanks installation. The holding straps are also Rube Goldberg.

Whats the Electronic Transmission Control?

Does hunt mean lug, or downshift ...?

How much are booster springs? How hard are they to install?

I'm going to look at it tomorrow... and take some pics.. and drive it.....

I have one. The rear air bags are a Rube Goldberg installation by Winny. Check to see if they hold air. They only have about a ten year life span. I replaced mine with booster springs.

Don't tow. It's at it's limit. Use the Electronic Transmission Control on mountains or the tranny will hunt. You can feather the rear axle ring gear if there's too much pressure on it.

Check the shower stall for leakage. It's not the best installation. Also check the holding tanks installation. The holding straps are also Rube Goldberg.

You're talking of booster springs and airbags. I've got an '84 Dolphin and I installed Timbrens in place of airbags. I could not find bags to fit this year and model so I went with Timbrens. Awesome handling and stability. Google them @ timbrens .com.

I told him I would buy it and we are supposed to conclude the deal Monday when the banks and tag office are open. It only has 16,000 miles on it and shifts smoothly. It has the electronic transmission switch also as well as over drive and cruise. Like new! He bought it new and has most if not all the original user docs. I checked the things you mentioned and seems ok! Thanks

We bought a 91 Warrior about a year ago and love it. We added a universal RV hitch and tow small sailboats. Entire trailer is under 1000 lb. On our trip, to MA we came back to FL VIA the Blue Ridge Parkway and those mountains were no problem even with the boat trailer. But I wouldn't tow anything heavier and definitely not a car.

I don't think you need to take a second vehicle because we've had no trouble parking it anywhere and it drives about like our Safari Van. Minor hassle to unhook connections, but thats less hassle than towing another car.

We bought a 91 Warrior about a year ago and love it. We added a universal RV hitch and tow small sailboats. Entire trailer is under 1000 lb. On our trip, to MA we came back to FL VIA the Blue Ridge Parkway and those mountains were no problem even with the boat trailer. But I wouldn't tow anything heavier and definitely not a car.

I don't think you need to take a second vehicle because we've had no trouble parking it anywhere and it drives about like our Safari Van. Minor hassle to unhook connections, but thats less hassle than towing another car.

Amen, Bro.

What does the end of the transmission dipstick look like on your 91's with auto od et and 6 cylinder? Is it twisted and bent from the factory ??

Took it on a short trip with my grandsons and got consistently 13 mpg to and from the lake. Only used cruise. Didn't use od! Is this about right ?

Edited by okiedokietoday

I have about the same unit mileage sounds about right,mine averages overall about 13.75 not towing and using the OD when ever possible. The Trans dip stick is a pain mine's not twisted to much but I pay attention how it come's out putting it in I have the loop facing the right side when its all the way in its down with the latch.

Is it bent and twisted about 3/8 of an inch on the tip of the dipstick? Was it made that way at the factory?

I have about the same unit mileage sounds about right,mine averages overall about 13.75 not towing and using the OD when ever possible. The Trans dip stick is a pain mine's not twisted to much but I pay attention how it come's out putting it in I have the loop facing the right side when its all the way in its down with the latch.
Edited by okiedokietoday

• 2 months later...

hi foxy,

i just bought a 94 warrior with such hopes of putting on a hitch and towing my light drift boat. i love to fly fish,. much to my chagrin, i was told that no hitch could be put on due to the chassis style???? i have seen many toy rv's with tow hitches. i just want to be safe but really need to tow my drift boat (approx 800 lbs max with trailer) any suggestions?? i have hope to know that you tow a sailboat......

newbie noreen